Stadium name change???

Changing Stadium names due to sponsorship is all over the news at the moment due to Newcastle renaming St James Park to the Sports Direct Stadium.

What are folks thoughts on this happening with Ibrox???

Obviously this could prove to be VERY financially beneficial to the club if the correct sponsorship could be found.

Depends on different aspects I suppose.

The main thing being that it keeps the fans onside, perhaps being involved in the re-naming.

Certainly not an emphatic "Naw !" from me.

Don't think the fans would have a say. It would be who ever wants to sponsor the ground ie. We'll give you £100m per year and your Stadium will become the La Senza Sexy Underware Stadium (for example)

I'm not against it but the stadium will always be known as Ibrox to me. However who in the current climate would sponsor our stadium? Not huge international exposure because of lack of European fixtures and SPL's lack of quality probably doesn't go much further than the UK except maybe in the US and Oz.

Man City's one is very dubious, think the owners have some interest in Etihad. Chelsea's future sponsorship will be similarly dubious, does Abramovich still own Sibneft? They are doing that just for the CL fair play money situation.

Mike Ashley is doing this because Newcastle are doing too well on the pitch so he has to do something to piss off the Newcastle fans :P. He did that the last time it failed and he is doing the same and no doubt it wont be a success.

Newcastle are hoping for £8-10m per year for a combined stadium & shirt deal.

Man City signed a deal worth £400m over 10 years.

So it could be fairly profitable.....

These teams are in the EPL. If someone were to buy the naming rights to Ibrox then we'd get pennies for it.

These teams are in the EPL. If someone were to buy the naming rights to Ibrox then we'd get pennies for it.

I wouldn't be too sure. Rangers have a huge following world wide. They also get pretty decent exposure on the telly, and normally within Europe.

Granted, I don't think we would get equal amounts with the EPL, but I believe they could command a decent amount - certainly not pennies!!!

If we get what we are getting for the JJB deal think its £3m a year then we would be doing well. Its all to do with exposure thats why EPL clubs are getting good deals we would be lucky even with our brand it doesn't matter as much anymore, which is sad :(.