Rangers FC agrees out-of-court settlement with Capita

Rangers Football Club has agreed an out-of-court settlement with a pension advice firm which had been suing the club for unpaid fees.

Capita Trustees Services had raised an action at Glasgow Sheriff Court for what it called a "straightforward commercial debt".

The amounts involved, or the specifics of what the debt was run up for, have not been revealed.

Rangers has recently faced other court action by creditors.

HM Revenue and Customs and two former club executives have had assets totalling more than £3m ring-fenced pending the settlement of disputes.

Former board members Donald McIntyre and Martin Bain took the club to court to freeze a total of £780,000 of Rangers' assets ahead of damages claims.

It was also revealed in a separate court hearing that HMRC had also previously frozen £2.3m, while the club also faces a potential tax liability of £49m which is under appeal.

I'll be happy when we get to the state where we're not talking about court cases all the time and the question of whether the big screens are in, or not is the dominant question once again.

whether we win every court case in the coming months, or not, I'm sure we will go from strength to strength when all this is settled.

(I typed sue there, instead of sure. Freudian slip, lol)