All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Kostas Mitroglou and Andreas Tatos were both watched by Neil Murray at the weekend.

Greece international duo Kostas Mitroglou and Andreas Tatos have been given a glowing recommendation by Rangersâ?? chief scout Neil Murray.

Murray was in Greece taking in a number of Super League fixtures over the weekend and was impressed with both players, who turned out for Athens-based club Atromitos in their 1-1 home draw with Levadiakos.

Striker Mitroglou, who is on loan from Olympiacos, has scored five goals in nine appearances this season and was on target for his side at the weekend.

Tatos, an attacking midfielder, has been with Atromitos since 2008 but signed for Olympiacos in the summer, before being loaned back for the season.

Mitroglou, 23, has represented Greece at full international level, earning nine caps. He started his career with Borussia Monchengladbach, before returning home in 2007.

Tatos, who was born in Albania, was in the Greek squad for a friendly against Bosnia in August but is yet to make an international appearance.

â??He [Mitroglou] has good technical ability, performs good runs, but his team in this game did not utilise him as they should,â? Murray told Greek newspaper Goal, in which he also described 22-year-old Tatos as the "best player in the matchâ?.

Murray, who also took in AEK v Asteras Tripolis and Olympiacos' derby with Panathinaikos, said of his trip: â??I want to have an overall picture of the players and the level of the Greek league.â?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/281096-rangers-scout-greek-international-duo/

Is Murray urging the Hooped Horrors to splash some more millions in the Greek market, dragging them further into debts?

I for one doubt that he would talk to the press about any possible targets for us, for this would not just set Timothy on alert levels, but quite a few English teams too, who all think they can easily live of our scouting and outbid us in any dealings.

On a sidenote, I doubt that Olympiacos would sign him in the summer only to sell him for a few quid a bit alater. Loan perhaps, but selling? His goalscoring record looks good though (and the Greek league is not that much "worse" than the Scottish).

Rangers midfielder Steven Davis has refused to rule out a January return to England's top flight despite the Northern Ireland international having signed a new five-year contract in July. (Daily Mail)

Anyone got anything on this?

Rangers captain Steven Davis has refused to rule out the possibility he could leave the club in January for a return to England.

'I'm happy here at Rangers and I'm committed to my five-year contract but, in football, you just never know,' he said.

'I have experienced it before when I was at Fulham and I signed a four-year deal then left the club six months later.

'So, you can never say for sure what's going to happen. I've always said I'd like another crack at it in England.

'I enjoyed it down there and it's probably the best league in the world. There's so much quality and so much money being invested.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2065015/Steven-Davis-hints-Rangers-exit.html

EVERY player would be crazy to "rule out leaving" because the days of players staying at clubs for a long-term period are almost completely over.

For me, this is silly season again. We had the same last January when Davis, McGregor, Bougherra were all leaving.... how many of them left last January ? Just Kenny Miller, but we already pretty much knew he was going anyway.

January will be an interesting month for us again.

Evening Times

23 Nov 2011

RANGERS midfielder Maurice Edu has once again been linked with a move away from the Ibrox club.

Reports in the American internationalâ??s homeland suggest several clubs have re-ignited their interest in the 25-year-old.

French sides Auxerre, Bordeaux and Nancy have all been listed as tracking the Rangers star, as well as English Premier League team Blackburn.

Despite coming in for criticism from the clubâ??s supporters last season, Edu has started 29 straight SPL matches when available for selection, and manager Ally McCoist has continually backed the player.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/edu-back-on-radar-for-sale-in-january-1.1136290?

EVERY player would be crazy to "rule out leaving" because the days of players staying at clubs for a long-term period are almost completely over.

For me, this is silly season again. We had the same last January when Davis, McGregor, Bougherra were all leaving.... how many of them left last January ? Just Kenny Miller, but we already pretty much knew he was going anyway.

January will be an interesting month for us again.

Difference is Bougherra showed every intent of leaving, while AM showed every intent of staying. Plenty of quotes of Bougherra wanting out, while nothing of that nature could be attributed to AM. This is a concrete quote from Davis showing interest in leaving, something I don't recall from him last January. I think if a good offer came in, he'd want to go and we couldn't stop him.

Evening Times

23 Nov 2011

RANGERS midfielder Maurice Edu has once again been linked with a move away from the Ibrox club.

Reports in the American international’s homeland suggest several clubs have re-ignited their interest in the 25-year-old.

French sides Auxerre, Bordeaux and Nancy have all been listed as tracking the Rangers star, as well as English Premier League team Blackburn.

Despite coming in for criticism from the club’s supporters last season, Edu has started 29 straight SPL matches when available for selection, and manager Ally McCoist has continually backed the player.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/edu-back-on-radar-for-sale-in-january-1.1136290?

Wasn't it Marseille in the summer. Or was that Auxerre...