All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

RANGERS are hot on the trail of Honduran striker Jerry Bengtson.

And boss Ally McCoist is also poised to step up his move for Dundee United kid Scott Allan.

Prolific Motagua star Bengtson is a close pal of Celtic ace Emilio Izaguirre and is on the Ibrox radar.

Gers will need a new striker if Leicester City land Nikica Jelavic in the January transfer window.

Bengtson, 24, has also been watched by Norwegian cracks Rosenborg after hitting eight goals in his 20 caps.

But Gers are keen on a first-hand look at the frontman.

He's rated in the £2.5million category, but Gers could have cash to spend if top scorer Jela is flogged for £7.5m.

Scotland Under-21 ace Allan could sign for a compensation fee of around £300,000.

He has rejected a new deal at Tannadice after attracting interest from Celtic, Newcastle, Manchester United and others.

Neil Lennon has spoken of his admiration for the youngster but Gers now want to steal a march on their rivals.

Gers will boost their squad today when winger Sone Aluko pens a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 22-year-old is poised to sign after a peace deal was struck with Aberdeen yesterday.

The SPL leaders had insisted they wouldn't pay a penny to land free agent Aluko. However SunSport understands fresh talks led to a compromise deal being brokered.

And Aluko, who left Pittodrie at the end of last season, now looks set to join Gers.

Meanwhile, Gers could have Sasa Papac back from illness for Sunday's league clash with Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.

He missed the weekend draw with St Johnstone but is set to return, while Lee Wallace is still out.

Boss McCoist said: "Both are progressing. Lee has a haematoma on his thigh from the Dundee United game when he had to come off and Sasa came back from international duty unwell.

"We sent him home last week, but he'll see the doctor again and I would be hopeful he could be involved."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3956480/Gers-target-Honduran-ace-and-Arabs-kid.html#ixzz1ec3LU9us

I'm starting to losing track already ...

Rangers plan January move for Preston striker

Rangers are keen on taking Preston striker Neil Mellor to Scotland as a possible replacement for Nikica Jelavic.

The 29-year-old Preston striker returned to Deepdale in the summer after a successful loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday last season.

Mellor has recently returned to action after injury and is enjoying his football at Preston but the lure of the big time in the SPL could be an offer too good to refuse.

The Lillywhites struggled in Mellorâ??s absence, failing to win any of the seven leagues he missed, and boss Phil Brown will be desperate to keep the former Liverpool hitman who has scored eight goals in 15 appearances so far this season.

... sayest Talksport

Strange how they all assume that Jela's sale is a definite ...

INDIAN hopefuls Jeje Lalpekhlua and Sunil Chhetri are expected to jet into Glasgow today as they bid to land dream deals with Rangers.

Record Sport broke the news two weeks ago that the international strikers had been lined up for a trial at Murray Park as part of a strategic bid by the financially-troubled SPL champions to break into a lucrative new market in the subcontinent.

And despite encountering some resistance from their I League clubs, FC Pune and Mohun Bagan AC, the pair are scheduled to touch down in Scotland this afternoon before joining up with Ally McCoist's top-team squad on Monday.

And last night 20-year-old young gun Lalpekhlua admitted his biggest concern ahead of the trip is to make sure his hopes are not washed out by the Scottish winter weather.

He said: "This opportunity is a dream come true for me - it's always been my dream to play for a big European club.

"But the most important thing is for me to get acclimatised as quickly as possible. Obviously the conditions in Scotland are going to be very different from what we are used to in India. I think that could be a major hurdle for both of us.

"I won't have much time to prove myself so I will have to get used to the conditions quickly and not allow them to ruin my chances.

"But I'm really excited at the thought of it. Even if I don't get a contract from Rangers then it will still be a really good experience for me in football and in life.

"I'm still young and this is a chance to experience a different way of life and a different culture. Then, the next time I get a chance like this, I will be better prepared.

"But right now I just want to do my best. I'm prepared and ready for the challenge in Glasgow."

I really hope we don't sell Jelavic even for £10M - I think he's worth more to us this season and we'll struggle in our attacking play with the double whammy of losing him and Naismith.

I think this is all our worry,none more so then the manager,however if a daft offer comes in for him it's going to be difficult to turn down,unless he himself turns it down,and to be honest I don't think he would want to move unless it was for an established EPL team,hopefully.

I can't see him signing for Leicester for instance,he will be at the Euros with Croatia and if he has a good tournament then he will be spoiled for choice for where he goes.

Edited by ian1964

• 2 weeks later...

WEST BROM WANT TO BAG JELAVIC IN PLAYER-CASH DEAL

WEST BROM are ready to test Rangers’ resolve with a player-plus-cash bid for Ibrox hitman Nikica Jelavic.

Baggies boss Roy Hodgson has run the rule over Croatian star Jelavic and is now pondering a January swoop.

It’s understood Scotland cap Graham Dorrans could be included in the package along with a cash sum in a bid to come close to meeting Rangers’ £9 million valuation of the striker.

Boss Ally McCoist and owner Craig Whyte have gone on record to state their desire to keep Jelavic at Ibrox.

Jelavic was the subject of intense transfer speculation in the final days of the August window, but opted to stay at Ibrox after Leicester City and Turkish clubs made it clear they wanted to lure him away from the current League leaders.

However, McCoist is bracing himself for a flurry of fresh bids in January for his top asset and knows that finances might dictate what happens in the transfer window.

If Rangers did decide to cash in on the former Rapid Vienna hitman then they would prefer a straight cash deal.McCoist though would have to try and replace the Croatian if the board decided to sell and a player plus cash deal would suit him better in difficult circumstances.

Rangers are already thin on the ground in attack with Steven Naismith out for the season and Kyle Lafferty prone to niggling injuries.

Dorrans was bought by West Brom for just £100,000 in 2008. Last year the Midlands club snubbed a £7 million bid from West Ham for the former Livingston man.

However, Dorrans has been on the fringes of the team this season starting just seven of the Baggies’ 14 Premiership games.

West Brom spies watched Jelavic score his 12th goal of the season against Dunfermline on Saturday.

The Croatian had a quiet game, but his record and pedigree in Europe and at international level makes him a prime target for clubs in England who know the Scottish market offers them better value for money.

Leicester City will also come back for Jelavic in January despite Sven Goran Eriksson being replaced in the manager’s hotseat by Nigel Pearson.

But West Brom offer an immediate Premiership option for Jelavic and Rangers know they will have a huge decision to make when the window opens on January 1.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/288302/West-Brom-want-to-bag-Jelavic-in-player-cash-deal

If he went to WBA there's every chance he'd be playing in the Championship next season instead of the EPL.

I think Dorrans is overrated value-wise down south. Clubs down there can afford to pay silly money for average players, but we can't. Dorrans might be worth £7m to West Ham or whoever, but he's not even worth £4m to us.