Database error and site issues

We can only apologise for this but unfortunately Barry is the only person that can deal with the server side of things as he owns the hosting.

He is extremely busy with work and studies right now so simply cannot devote the time involved to investigate/fault-find. None of the rest of us have the technical expertise in any case.

We can only ask for your patience and hopefully we'll get the issue sorted over the Xmas/New Year holidays. :)

We can only apologise for this but unfortunately Barry is the only person that can deal with the server side of things as he owns the hosting.

He is extremely busy with work and studies right now so simply cannot devote the time involved to investigate/fault-find. None of the rest of us have the technical expertise in any case.

We can only ask for your patience and hopefully we'll get the issue sorted over the Xmas/New Year holidays. :)

I know it's absolutely not your fault, but the simple fact is you cannot have someone in control of such an essential area who hasn't the time to bother with it. I'm not blaming him either, you need to find someone else to take the burden off him.

I know he owns it, but it's just frustrating that he's the only one who can deal with it.

It's exactly the same scenario on the other board I use I mentioned - only the admin, who is too busy to deal with the forum, can exact any changes.

It's like the boss of a company never being available to fix problems when they arise.

I don't mean to moan, because this is a decent board and everyone gives what they can, it's just a bit irritating.

No problems Frankie. It's understood that folk don't always have the time to devote exclusively to sorting every little problem.

I solve the double post problem by checking the page that comes up when it tells you your post was unsuccessful. Simply scroll down the page and you can see that it has indeed been posted, so just click on Rangers Chat, or whatever again and you'll find that it's on.

The speed of the site on the other hand is becoming a pain and I'll try the server button the next time it happens.

I've moved your posts in here BH because the other thread was specific to the subject of the thanks/no thanks feedback features.

It's not easy to say what the cause of your issue is. The site was having some problems with sporadic speed issues, double posts and database errors, but seems to be better since Frankie took a look at it.

It could be your internet connection if you sometimes get the error message with other websites as well because I get something like that here while surfing on Firefox if another computer in the house is downloading something.