Thomas Bendikson Deal Close

I've never seen anything of him, but if he scores goals and gets good reviews by the punters on here, what's the problem with re-signing him?

The only thing I can think of is that he's had a lot of injuries, but as I don't know the nature of them, Ally doesn't seem to troubled by them, so niether should I.

RANGERS kid Thomas Kind Bendiksen feared he would be dumped on the soccer scrapheap this Christmas.

Now, thanks to his goal in Hamburg, Ibrox boss Ally McCoist is set to gift wrap a new deal instead.

Bendiksen joined Gers back in 2007, but he has struggled with a series of injuries for the past three years.

A knee injury left his entire career in doubt, but all that uncertainty was forgotten as he announced his arrival as a Rangers player in Germany.

And despite Gers' 2-1 defeat, Bendiksen beamed: "It was a great night for me because of everything I've been through and it's also good to know talks between my agent and the club will start.

"Hopefully that can get sorted because this is where I want to play.

"I have worked hard to get back to where I am.

"It's also great to hear the gaffer being positive about me.

"There's no doubt being out for so long has been hard. There have been times I feared I'd never get to this stage.

"But I tried to stay positive and hoped to get back and right now I'm just enjoying it."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3970887/Thomas-is-happy-at-Ibrox.html#ixzz1fEs2aQUz

Every time I see him he looks like a real prospect and I was actually surprised that he was not included in the first team more often after such a good pre-season. But what can you do if the manager sticks to Edu, McCulloch and even a dire Davis at times ...

Every time I see him he looks like a real prospect and I was actually surprised that he was not included in the first team more often after such a good pre-season. But what can you do if the manager sticks to Edu, McCulloch and even a dire Davis at times ...

Has the lad not been struggling with injuries?

Has the lad not been struggling with injuries?

Pretty much been injured most of his Rangers career. He looked the part when he first came and played in the youth cup final, has been injured pretty much since, played 2 pre-season games last season and went off injured in both then didn't appear again until april. His contract was up in the summer and was given a 6 month deal to prove his fitness, that is why his contract is up for renewal. Hopefully he can get his career back on track from here.

Some of the boys I know that played for his age group with us told me he was a cracking player! Sadly not seen anything of him yet though but heard so many good things.

Hopefully that is him over his injuries at least for a good while and he can concentrate properly on the football.