Save Rangers

Guys and gals, Website designed to measure the level of interest in fans investing and and how much fans are willing to donate:

Thousands of Rangers fans have been asking what they can do help save Rangers Football Club.

Today the three main supporter organisations are launching http://www.SaveRangers.com which gives fans the opportunity to pledge their own money to invest and save Rangers Football Club.

We invite all Rangers fans to sign up and state how much money they would invest if the opportunity for meaningful fan ownership occurs in future.

The three groups call on all potential owners to note that we will no longer tolerate the single owner model for Rangers. We also demand transparency in the clubs finances and insist that all money invested in Rangers should stay within the Club.

The administrators report is key to this as it will determine the scale of the task ahead, it is difficult to predict how long this process will take so we would ask fans to be patient and be 'Ready' when the time comes.

Please pass this on to your friends, family, supporters' buses, online, everywhere & anywhere.

Let's all come together as the one Rangers family and show the world that like our manager, we don't do walking away.

https://www.saverangers.com/

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/

Pledge made. Great idea, just wish I could afford to pay more.

On a side note what happens to shares in the club I already own, have they disappeared now?

You are still a shareholder. If the club emerges from administration unscathed then you should still have your shares.

Pledge done.

Anyone willing to divulge what they'd be pledging? It would be interesting to know what others are willing to contribute. I realise we can all afford or are prepared to invest differing amounts and it's not a competition and no shame on having a lower amount than someone else. I also realise many people like to keep it private.

The default was £500 and coincidentally that's exactly what I feel I could afford and which is a substantial enough amount - and something like a grand would be just a bit too much with plenty of other things to pay for and on the wish list.

There's also the point that this is a financially bad investment - we stand to lose most of our money but it's about saving the club and not for financial gain. I think you basically have to pay up and forget about the money - having a share of a healthy Rangers is priceless.

I put 1,000 but would probably go higher if needed.

Performances on the pitch may not suggest it right now but I get far more value than 1,000 out of Rangers. Moments and memories like Helicopter Sunday are worth far more to me and now that I have a 7yr old son who is a diehard Bear I would hate to see him lose that.

So, as I said, would probably go higher.