Save Rangers

I'm pledging £500 and I'll throw in any proceeds the Club can make out of my ex. Haven't asked her mind you!

Would have been more serious if the fan groups had asked for realistic commitments to monthly payments - say in multiples of £10 per month. I do think that a) for the majority, and b) with regards to long term future planning, that concrete commitments of £120 to say £1200 per annum would in the long term be more sustainable and realistic.

Furthermore, it's a bit pie in the sky. There's no teeth in this. Do you get a vote? Multiple vote? What kind of governance? What's to stop fans with the best intentions making an arse of it?

This is a one off opportunity and one off chance. If this fails, a lot of fans will not back Plan B.

At least there should be some kind of policy statement.

Just what I think, mind you.

Other thought is that this will be hacked big-time by arses with the downfall of our Club at heart.

Again just what I think.

Agreed about the hacking part but you have to weed out the very unrealistic commitments. Also look at the emails and names they give.

I pledged £150. Mainly cause' my missus is pregnant & sparing anymore in 1 month would be pushing it. I would prefer a monthly/quarterly/yearly subscription though.

I'd be willing to pay up to £50 PCM. This would have to come with no contractual obligation for me as some months are tight.:rfc:

We invite all Rangers fans to sign up and state how much money they would invest if the opportunity for meaningful fan ownership occurs in future.

An awful lot of people seem prepared to pledge money towards a highly qualified eventuality that has almost no chance of happening. I couldn't pledge anything on this basis. I would be happy to GIVE some money today if it was to help Rangers through a defined period and purpose but what is being asked is to lend financial credibility to some future proposal by God knows who and for a fan ownership scheme that has yet to be determined. I'll help Rangers but not the RST's latest political meandering.

An awful lot of people seem prepared to pledge money towards a highly qualified eventuality that has almost no chance of happening. I couldn't pledge anything on this basis. I would be happy to GIVE some money today if it was to help Rangers through a defined period and purpose but what is being asked is to lend financial credibility to some future proposal by God knows who and for a fan ownership scheme that has yet to be determined. I'll help Rangers but not the RST's latest political meandering.

This is just gauging the interest of the support mate. If the support is ready then I dare say high net worth individuals will come in and work with the support. Respected businessmen with with the resources to carry it through will be key.

Lots of hurdles to to overcome at this early stage.

Yes but ths isn't it.

I'm sure the organisers will concede this first step isn't perfect but it's more than what others are doing and if it can lead to an improved position then hopefully it will be worth our support.

Paul Murray et al (and indeed the Trust/Assembly) have had over a year to act on their doubts to ensure a process is quickly in place to change the status quo. I'd hope this (albeit imperfect) initial plan is some such evidence of being prepared.

As you say, it is difficult to pledge genuine support without knowing the finer details but if we can show that in principle their is support for investment, then I'd hope that will persuade the real money men that they would have the goodwill of the fans if they chose to promote such a scheme.