Save Rangers

Seems to me that Celtic fans pledging wouldn't be doing themselves any good - it just looks like more support for Rangers fan ownership, and I can't see where any joke would be in it. I can't work out what they'd gain and the sheer pettiness is mind numbingly pathetic.

How many of those now pledging do you suppose are Celtic fans? I've certainly had a few telling me how much charity they've committed to our future. Perhaps the great minds organising this pointless exercise had that in mind from the outset?

So sad to see Rangers fans continuing to be so easily drawn into such absurd schemes.

I agree with you. On principle it's a good idea, but it can't work accurately online.

Seems to me that Celtic fans pledging wouldn't be doing themselves any good - it just looks like more support for Rangers fan ownership, and I can't see where any joke would be in it. I can't work out what they'd gain and the sheer pettiness is mind numbingly pathetic.

And you're happy this exercise in "market research" should be so ill-conceived as to virtually guarantee false data? Perhaps we're becoming immune to bullshit and just see this as part of the continuing Rangers experience?

The entire thing is in theory anyway, from what I see. I can't afford 500 quid and I bet the majority of those pledging can't afford it either. It's a silly idea really - theoretical site to see how much people claim they'll donate?

And you're happy this exercise in "market research" should be so ill-conceived as to virtually guarantee false data? Perhaps we're becoming immune to bullshit and just see this as part of the continuing Rangers experience?

We don't often agree MF but I have to side with you on this one.

It's really stupid.

How many of those now pledging do you suppose are Celtic fans? I've certainly had a few telling me how much charity they've committed to our future. Perhaps the great minds organising this pointless exercise had that in mind from the outset?

So sad to see Rangers fans continuing to be so easily drawn into such absurd schemes.

There are methods of minimising inaccurate contributions so I'd be interested in hearing how the Trust is doing this.

Personally, I think it's a decent idea and worth using as a tool in a general sense. Much more meat has to be put on the bones of that I agree.

We don't often agree MF but I have to side with you on this one.

It's really stupid.

I'm privileged to be onside for a change. The scheme is fundamentally political and is about elevating the RST in the food chain after administration. It has little or nothing to do with gauging practical support for Rangers or for supporting fan ownership. Yet we apparently have 1000's of bears rushing to pledge in line with their emotional attachment to the club. It's exploitative and sums up for me the entire attitude of those who pretend to represent and speak for supporters.

I find it hard to separate this from the attitude of recent owners and directors of the club. Is there no one able to see the obligation to treat fans with honesty and even a crumb of respect. Although some of the naivety on display makes you wonder if we haven't had more or less the leadership we actually deserve.

I'm privileged to be onside for a change. The scheme is fundamentally political and is about elevating the RST in the food chain after administration. It has little or nothing to do with gauging practical support for Rangers or for supporting fan ownership. Yet we apparently have 1000's of bears rushing to pledge in line with their emotional attachment to the club. It's exploitative and sums up for me the entire attitude of those who pretend to represent and speak for supporters.

I find it hard to separate this from the attitude of recent owners and directors of the club. Is there no one able to see the obligation to treat fans with honesty and even a crumb of respect. Although some of the naivety on display makes you wonder if we haven't had more or less the leadership we actually deserve.

Nobody is denying that the presentation of the site's numbers will enable the Trust to 'prove' their point to any buyer they wish to support - be it Paul Murray or AN Other.

However, as long as the final destination is agreeable, the method in which we get there needn't be perfect.

Nobody is denying that the presentation of the site's numbers will enable the Trust to 'prove' their point to any buyer they wish to support - be it Paul Murray or AN Other.

However, as long as the final destination is agreeable, the method in which we get there needn't be perfect.

Is it agreeable? On what basis?

I think most people know that straw polls are inherently flawed as a highly accurate reference but it can still give an indication of whether it might be worthy of taking the market research further. I really don't think we're all as naive or as thick as you like to suggest...

It all depends on how the data is treated and analysed.