Save Rangers

Jeez, the online fans can't even fully get together as one, so that's a fair point. There's tens of thousands of fans who don't visit forums, don't tweet etc etc, so where do they come into all of this? Online we try to discuss what the future of the club should be, but what percentage of the 40k season ticket holders visit any of the forums and actually get invloved in discussion? There's a lot of lurking and reading, but even then it's nothing like a truely representative number. There's also the overseas fans online and many of them buy online season tickets etc, but how could anyone discount the season ticket holders?

But you have the 2 degrees of separation from the internet (my guess) Everyone will know what's being said online by proxy. I think the internet is pretty much engrained in football now and even if someone is not even online at home, someone will tell them what's being said i think.

Maybe you have a point there as it's all down to perception. I know the fella and he's 100% Rangers and i just think that what he did was an oversight in his part, maybe he was pressed for time and that it'd be okay because he'd pay it back (which he did) but the thing is once there's a wee bit of mistrust it grows...

I'll bet he's really regretting doing what he did. There's a line that you don't cross but sometimes that line can be a bit vague. I'd hope those with doubts would realise that he's a real bluenose, and not a dodgy character.

Who you talking about mate? Dingwall?

Sorry, yes Mark.

I'll hold my hands up and say i don;t know much about him, but i've yet to read anything positive about him, so instinct tells me if he was totally removed from the equation then we might get more harmony between the fans.

Craig Whyte's a "Rangers man" too by all accounts.

Edited by Bluedell
Incorrect allegation

Craig Whyte...

Think people are being too critical of Rangers supporters there. I wanted the Paul Murray & Dave King consortium to get in there before Whyte but, i think like most people once he was actually in there we felt we should back our owner...

...and then there was the fact that the BBC went after him, when that happened i think a lot of us thought if they don't like him maybe he's alright after all. I've been watching the series 'The Perfect Spy' recently and the Ray McAnally character seems to be the same as Whyte, a kinda Billy The Liar man who probably tells that many lies he can't separate them from the truth.

When you think of him going in with the fans etc you begin to think not only was he a liar but he was taking the cunt too!

Hopefully we're well shot of him.

Maybe you have a point there as it's all down to perception. I know the fella and he's 100% Rangers and i just think that what he did was an oversight in his part, maybe he was pressed for time and that it'd be okay because he'd pay it back (which he did) but the thing is once there's a wee bit of mistrust it grows...

I'll bet he's really regretting doing what he did. There's a line that you don't cross but sometimes that line can be a bit vague. I'd hope those with doubts would realise that he's a real bluenose, and not a dodgy character.

I certainly think that myself, but trying to convince everyone else is impossible. Thing is though, it doesn't need to be everyone who's convinced. If ten percent of fans can't get behind one of the fans reps then it's not exactly a major hurdle is it? It's still a split though, but it's workable....

Edited by Zappa
typo

But you have the 2 degrees of separation from the internet (my guess) Everyone will know what's being said online by proxy. I think the internet is pretty much engrained in football now and even if someone is not even online at home, someone will tell them what's being said i think.

You've got the elements of word of mouth on supporters busses, in pubs, at the game etc, but there's a filtering process whereby fans who aren't online won't be keeping up with what's going on online.