Leaving Scotland

Danny's point is 'If we have to start again'.

I think he feels the same as me, if Rangers go out of business and re-emerge would it not be better to apply for English status, thus becoming an English team.

I'd rather the newco start again in England than let Rangers fans go through a hundred more years of the pish we get just now.

I have been reading all this "we wont be allowed to move" etc but if you don't try how will we ever know for sure. new co new rules surely? Even if we remain as normal i think our days in the SPL/SFA are now over, how the hell does anyone want to stay with two corrupt and blatantly anti-Rangers organisations.

There would be no harm in asking but I wouldn't build up your hopes.

Amazed people are still trotting out the "well, we'll go to England instead" bullshit. Why not the Spanish, Dutch or German leagues? Why not fly to the moon every week? Why not get a fucking grip on reality?

I couldn't afford to go to the moon every fortnight or even Spain, Germany or Holland for that matter, but a trip a few hundred miles seems within reach.

Danny's point is 'If we have to start again'.

I think he feels the same as me, if Rangers go out of business and re-emerge would it not be better to apply for English status, thus becoming an English team.

I'd rather the newco start again in England than let Rangers fans go through a hundred more years of the pish we get just now.

I may be wrong about this but I think it's where you play your football that matters not where your Club is registered.

From Wiki

Gretna Football Club was founded in 1946 by servicemen returning from the Second World War. The club initially played in the Dumfries and District Junior League.The following year, the club moved to the Carlisle and District League, which is run by the English Football Association. This was despite the club being based in Scotland, although Gretna is very close to the Anglo–Scottish border. They remained in this league for all but one season until 1982, when the club moved to the newly-created Second Division of the Northern League. The club won this league and were promoted immediately, before back-to-back championship wins in the First Division, in 1990–91 and 1991–92, resulted in their promotion to the first division of the Northern Premier League.

During this period, the club featured in the FA Cup, becoming the first club based in Scotland to appear in the competition proper since Queens Park had done so in 1887. They managed to take Rochdale to a replay in 1991 and gave Bolton Wanderers a scare in 1993 before being beaten.[8]

The club saw its future in Scottish football and applied twice to join the Scottish League in 1993 and 1999. To help boost their later application, they played a Rangers XI in a game to raise money for victims of the Lockerbie air disaster. Gretna won 2–1 against a strong team.[citation needed]

Edited by Crimson Dynamo

Is it true that if say Swansea win a Europa league spot, they wouldn't be allowed by UEFA?

That is a very good question!

I think that it is up to the League concerned which Club(s) they put forward for European competition and I can see how if you were Newcastle for example and you finished one place behind Swansea who were in a UEFA spot technically, you might not have an issue with them playing in "your" League but you might have an issue with them playing in a UEFA competition on the back of it. Of course Swansea would take the opposite view - if we're good enough....

Excuse me a moment while I phone up Michel Platini........

That is a very good question!

I think that it is up to the League concerned which Club(s) they put forward for European competition and I can see how if you were Newcastle for example and you finished one place behind Swansea who were in a UEFA spot technically, you might not have an issue with them playing in "your" League but you might have an issue with them playing in a UEFA competition on the back of it. Of course Swansea would take the opposite view - if we're good enough....

Excuse me a moment while I phone up Michel Platini........

He said that "Cardiff City (1921–29, 1952–57 and 1960–62) and Swansea City (1981–83) have played in the old Football League First Division, the top division of English football at that time. Cardiff City are also the only non-English side to have won the FA Cup, winning it in 1927; they again reached the final in 2008, prompting the English FA to change the rules to allow Welsh clubs to represent England in UEFA competitions should they qualify to do so.[2]"