Leaving Scotland

I obviously think as a team, we would be an excellent addition to most leagues. However, the EPL/ FA weren't particularly keen on us joining the league including celtic so without the derby in there it could devalue us even more? Might be well off with that but its just a thought.

Firstly, I don't think we'll have to worry about playing in Europe for a few years.

A recent sky sports discussion claimed the only League in England which is making profit at the moment is Division 2.

Maybe, a start in the lower Leagues down south would consolidate the Club. Attendances would be little different from our current SPL ones.(eg Northampton Town fc, currently near the bottom of Div 2 has a better attendance record than Dunfermline fc !!)

We would undoubtedly enhance other Club's home numbers, raise our TV audience along with advertising, hopefully rise through the Leagues and feed at the Premier League trough.

It would also mean freeing ourselves from the tim bigotry which is engulfing our game, and we could look to a fantastic new journey away from the constant

bickering in a League which claims it would be better off without us.

So, what do you say, a brave new world OR the same old shite and bitterness.

Amazed people are still trotting out the "well, we'll go to England instead" bullshit. Why not the Spanish, Dutch or German leagues? Why not fly to the moon every week? Why not get a fucking grip on reality?

The last 3 things I've seen you post on have been amazingly pious, astonishingly hostile, and quite arrogantly smug to the most insane degrees. The first, incredibly, I agreed with, was your judgement of 'foolishness and gullibility' on the part of fans signing up for the Save Rangers campaign. The second was you asking me who the fuck I was to judge Rangers fans when I condemned certain recent acts I considered poor taste (a tad ironic)...and now this.

You don't seem to be able to disagree with respect.

Arent Berwick Rangers just south of the border but allowed to play in the Scottish leagues? Gretna previously did play down south. And of course we all know about Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham and previously Merthyr tydfil all playing in English leagues.

Therefore there has to be at least a case to apply down south. Playing in League 2 and 1 is far more appealling than SFL and league 1 is even more appealing than the SPL. Id rather be going to Sheff Wed and Charlton than St Mirren and Dunfermline.

This would be very interesting, if we are applying as a new club or starting in lower leagues we may have a different case altogther and would Celtic would have to go bust before they could apply??

TBH regardless how unlikely it is I sincerely hope we do apply down south, Ive no desire to see us play in the SPL again with the way some have treated us and its only going to cost them in the pocket, quite right for kicking us when we are down. The league is very poor anyway and is run by clueless fatcats who cant even make the league more appealing.

I think administration is all a conspiracy to get Rangers down south without Celtic....England want us but not them and this is the only way :D

Edited by Gribz

Unfortunately with David Taylor at the helm of Uefa, I doubt he'd give his blessing to us playing in England given he wasn't interested in dispensation to aid us playing in Europe next season.

Not that we have any major right to dispensation, just that if he isn't willing to bend on that one, I can't see us being allowed to compete in England either.

But I really want to.