Leaving Scotland

While I understand why some fans would be happy to play in England, I see Rangers as primarily a Scottish team so have always felt we should play here.

I'm all for European and British Cups but in terms of domestic league, I'd rather we stayed in Scotland.

It's pretty simple really, if the league clubs in England agreed to it then it would happen. Keith Hill had high level discussions with the then 1st division clubs and couldn't reach an agreement. Now,would they have even bothered to talk about it if it was such a big obvious impossibility? UEFA do not have any rules that specifically prevent clubs moving from one association to the other as far as I know.

I think a lot of people are sticking to the "it will never happen" ethos when circumstances and attitudes change in football. I agree it's a long shot but given the right circumstances it could happen. UEFA have said before that if a league is restricting club's ability to trade then it would consider such a scenario. Are the SFA,SPL and SFL restricting Rangers ability to trade? That would be an interesting case for Brussels.

While I understand why some fans would be happy to play in England, I see Rangers as primarily a Scottish team so have always felt we should play here.

I'm all for European and British Cups but in terms of domestic league, I'd rather we stayed in Scotland.

Have to say I agree with you Frankie. I would prefer Rangers stayed in Scotland but only if it was the current Rangers and not some newco. If we were liquidated and had to start afresh from the bottom I would rather it was down south.

I don't think Rangers and Celtic going to England ever seriously got off the ground. I'm sure it was talked about at some level. But I think the main obstacle was that there was an expectation that both Rangers and Celtic would go straight into the Premier League possibly at the expense of other clubs who had earned the right to be there unlike Rangers and Celtic.

But in the event of a newco and Rangers applying to the very bottom of English Football and working up from there I couldn't see any real opposition to that from England

I don't think Rangers and Celtic going to England ever seriously got off the ground. I'm sure it was talked about at some level. But I think the main obstacle was that there was an expectation that both Rangers and Celtic would go straight into the Premier League possibly at the expense of other clubs who had earned the right to be there unlike Rangers and Celtic.

But in the event of a newco and Rangers applying to the very bottom of English Football and working up from there I couldn't see any real opposition to that from England

Working our way up from the lower leagues in England would take a number of years with no guarantee of success.

No thanks for this bear.

The only way we will ever get into the EPL is if their big four go to a European super league, then we could maybe join a British Premier league. However in the meantime with the current SFA's and SPL blatant anti-Rangers agenda i don't see us having a fare hearing nor be allowed to compete on a level playing field.

Anything can happen regarding football and the TV money men. Who would have thought 20 years ago that FOUR English clubs would be allowed to compete in UEFA's top club competition?

When people were pushing for that back in those days some folk, especially Maineflyer, would be on telling folk "to get a fuckin' grip on reality"

Working our way up from the lower leagues in England would take a number of years with no guarantee of success.

No thanks for this bear.

Agree with this. But I definitely think it would be possible: AFC Wimbledon have had 5 promotions in 9 years starting at the very bottom in England and are now in League 2. I think even a newco Rangers would have much more resources available than Wimbledon.

I don't personally want this but if we are liquidated and or are going to be so severely punished for "alleged" this that and the next thing that it will set us back years then why not.

Edited by Crimson Dynamo

Staying in Scotland for me. Why? For purely selfish reason really. I absolutely LOVE the fact that we cast a massive shadow, whether succeeding or not, over the rest of the country.

Whether it's the powers that be, other club's fans or the media, the level of bitterness and hypocrisy that we bring out of people is hilarious and to be fair, flattering.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE and they all know it.