Donation plan for Rangers fans

They need to be crystal clear on what the money is going towards.

Is it towards helping keep the lights out in the short term

Is it to help fund a take over of the club by that particular group and what will you get back from that.

I would agree that there were a lot of valid questions about black holes etc, and the historical lessons from other clubs in similar positions that just chucking money in doesn't ultimately help, and while this wasn't addressed in full, I am happy with the businessmen and rangers men involved in this and the protections and transparency promised.

The admin have said today that the £1m gap in expenditure has been met and is ongoing from 1st of the this month. No redundancies are required so I am really intrigued by this.

Yes but this finance gap is only going to be filled by these wage cuts for a few more months.

What happens if we're still in administration come May?

Biggest question off all, with season ticket renewals imminent, what is happening with those funds?

They need to be crystal clear on what the money is going towards.

Is it towards helping keep the lights out in the short term

Is it to help fund a take over of the club by that particular group and what will you get back from that.

Agreed, and it is def the first and def not the second.

Yes but this finance gap is only going to be filled by these wage cuts for a few more months.

What happens if we're still in administration come May?

Biggest question off all, with season ticket renewals imminent, what is happening with those funds?

The admins have also said the club should be sold by end of May, is that being bold, or is it what they expect? If we're still in admin come the summer then the dreaded L word will come back.

I want to invest now so I can start saving for my hols:) Fecking Rangers holding up my plans!

In what way?

Because, as the following posters make it clear, the Administrators say that the £1M/Month has been met so what is the money needed for?

The fact that the money would be properly protected is one thing but that is irrelevant if there is no obvious purpose behind it.

I want to see who the serious bidders are and if they are intending a new share offering or a membership scheme and as others say there is the issue of the season ticket renewals; all of which I would want clarity on before I would consider investing.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The admin have said today that the £1m gap in expenditure has been met and is ongoing from 1st of the this month. No redundancies are required so I am really intrigued by this.

Exactly - I'm confused personally!

The only rationale is that this idea was thought of BEFORE the players took the large cuts... In which case surely they should either drop it or restate their objectives.

Exactly - I'm confused personally!

The only rationale is that this idea was thought of BEFORE the players took the large cuts... In which case surely they should either drop it or restate their objectives.

I'm sure the intentions are fine but objectives are important. The announcement will be interesting.

My fear is the creditors laying some legal claim to the money. Would appreciate some clarity on that.

Edited by Stimpy

I'm sure the intentions are fine but objectives are important. The announcement will be interesting.

My fear is the creditors laying some legal claim to the money. Would appreciate some clarity on that.

You may have a point there.

Doesn't it feel like we're trying frantically to keep Rangers alive, while others are circling overhead/nearby waiting to get their pound of flesh! Typical Capitalism, everyone looking in seeing if there's a money making opportunity. Hopefully the Government will see that Rangers going into liquidation means a HUGE drop in taxes etc taken in (and get HMRC to be reasonable), if we go under I'll make sure every penny I would have spent on the Gers will go into foreign holidays!

All will become clear at the official launch either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Looking forward to hearing more!

I've read all the comments on this thread and from what you've said, it sounds like the idea here is purely to create a fund that's an immediate safety net cash pot? An emergency slush/reserve fund or something??