Donation plan for Rangers fans

I am sorry to say but this is utter nonsense.

It's always amusing to see someone get it so spectacularly wrong. After banging on about supporter unity for so long, you must be disappointed not to have recognised it when it came along.

It's always amusing to see someone get it so spectacularly wrong. After banging on about supporter unity for so long, you must be disappointed not to have recognised it when it came along.

I understand supporter unity but I do not understand the purpose of this fund and if you read the earlier posts I am certainly not alone in that.

I understand supporter unity but I do not understand the purpose of this fund and if you read the earlier posts I am certainly not alone in that.

From what I've read on various forums it seems to be an emergency fund, ie not about shares etc.

Because, as the following posters make it clear, the Administrators say that the £1M/Month has been met so what is the money needed for?

The fact that the money would be properly protected is one thing but that is irrelevant if there is no obvious purpose behind it.

I want to see who the serious bidders are and if they are intending a new share offering or a membership scheme and as others say there is the issue of the season ticket renewals; all of which I would want clarity on before I would consider investing.

The entire £3.6M shortfall between now and the end of the seasson has not been entirely met by player wage cuts. The player wage cuts ensured no redundancies between now and the end of the season, it did not fill the whole gap. It is understood there will still be around a £1.8M shortage, and this will be the first aim of the Fund.

I'm sure the intentions are fine but objectives are important. The announcement will be interesting.

My fear is the creditors laying some legal claim to the money. Would appreciate some clarity on that.

The Fund will only be paying certain bills on behalf of the club. No Administrators fees or legal fees. Only bills incurred from Feb 14 will be paid. Therefore the money is safeguarded from Creditor attack. The money doesnt belong to the club, it belongs to the fans, so any creditor of the club has no claim to it.

The Fund will only be paying certain bills on behalf of the club. No Administrators fees or legal fees. Only bills incurred from Feb 14 will be paid. Therefore the money is safeguarded from Creditor attack. The money doesnt belong to the club, it belongs to the fans, so any creditor of the club has no claim to it.

Cheers. Best news I've heard since this began.

Will there be any tax issues by gifting money to the club on a weekly\monthly basis. That would surely be taxable?

There was no mention of this issue at the meeting. I am not entirely sure how that would play out. As we are paying bills on behalf of the club, I would imagine it would be counted as income to the club, but not sure if output VAT would have to be accounted for. I will ask one of the committee to look into this.

Guest Dutchy

You can give money to a registered charity and claim tax back on it, but Rangers are not a registered charity, just a charity case. All the monies collected would add up to a pretty penny, but I don't know what happens, tax wise, with that amount of money.

This is the main problem with schemes like this. These folk know money will be willingly given, so there's a great opportunity for collecting large sums of money on the basis of team loyalty. I doubt there will be any guarentees of where the money will end up, and in who's pocket.

If CW were to benefit from this, folk would go crazy and as far as I can tell, there's no way of telling whether he will gain from this, or not.

Not even from his administrators.