Donation plan for Rangers fans

The entire £3.6M shortfall between now and the end of the seasson has not been entirely met by player wage cuts. The player wage cuts ensured no redundancies between now and the end of the season, it did not fill the whole gap. It is understood there will still be around a £1.8M shortage, and this will be the first aim of the Fund.

This seems to be going against the information the administrators are providing.

£1.8million is a lot of money to be funded by the fans. Will this shortfall be made clear at the RFFF launch?

This seems to be going against the information the administrators are providing.

£1.8million is a lot of money to be funded by the fans. Will this shortfall be made clear at the RFFF launch?

The admin just reiterated that they had enough money to not have to enforce redundancies, not that they had covered the £3.6M shortfall from what I recall.

The £1.8M figure came from the meeting, so im assuming it will be mentioned at the launch. I think this will see the Rangers support really come through, and it is not all needed in the first week of course.

The admin just reiterated that they had enough money to not have to enforce redundancies, not that they had covered the £3.6M shortfall from what I recall.

The £1.8M figure came from the meeting, so im assuming it will be mentioned at the launch. I think this will see the Rangers support really come through, and it is not all needed in the first week of course.

As can be seen from the following official article, the financial picture is somewhat unclear though Herron mentions stability. Personally I don't think there is stability if there is a £1.8million shortfall.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2643299

I'd hope the RFFF launch will take away this uncertainty.

I would agree that a £1.8M shortfall over 3 months is not what I would call stable either!

However, take everybody's spin out of it and who knows.

Essentially though Frankie, this will be an appeal to the hearts of Rangers supporters who have been in touch with the fans groups, and the club itself, wanting to put some money into the club to save it. I heard a story that a wee old pensioner woman turned up at the ticket office on Friday and wanted to give them £1000 in cash there and then and set up a DD for £100 per month to help the club, because her late husband was a true blue and that is what he would have wanted to do. Another story is that ORSA have been collecting money from members since administration and have commitments to raise more money between now and the end of the season and were just waiting for an appeal such as this to be started so they can send it over.

Honestly, the stories flooding in from all over the world about Bears wanting to help are very touching, and with the launch tomorrow of the Fighting Fund, I can see a very substantial sum being raised in a very short time. My own RSC had an emergency meeting yesterday and has pledged a significant 4 figure sum to be paid in on launch day tomorrow. I believe this will be replicated all over the world and while sums will vary, the significance of what a support we have will soon become clear.

I would agree that a £1.8M shortfall over 3 months is not what I would call stable either!

However, take everybody's spin out of it and who knows.

Essentially though Frankie, this will be an appeal to the hearts of Rangers supporters who have been in touch with the fans groups, and the club itself, wanting to put some money into the club to save it. I heard a story that a wee old pensioner woman turned up at the ticket office on Friday and wanted to give them £1000 in cash there and then and set up a DD for £100 per month to help the club, because her late husband was a true blue and that is what he would have wanted to do. Another story is that ORSA have been collecting money from members since administration and have commitments to raise more money between now and the end of the season and were just waiting for an appeal such as this to be started so they can send it over.

Honestly, the stories flooding in from all over the world about Bears wanting to help are very touching, and with the launch tomorrow of the Fighting Fund, I can see a very substantial sum being raised in a very short time. My own RSC had an emergency meeting yesterday and has pledged a significant 4 figure sum to be paid in on launch day tomorrow. I believe this will be replicated all over the world and while sums will vary, the significance of what a support we have will soon become clear.

I agree mate.

There has been an element of doubt in whether or not it is a good idea to put funds into the club at this moment in time and those concerns are valid. However, it's equally clear that many, many fans want to help out now and not wait for a subjective share issue. We have to respect that so a well run Fund is the right thing to create.

The administrators must be completely clear as to the financial picture though. Anything else could be robbing the people you mention of funds that could be better used.

Is the story about the Arsenal supporters clubs raising money true or just an internet myth

It was stated at the meeting as true by Jim Hannah who had been given information about it. The Scottish Branch of the ASC had emailed other ASC branches with the story about us bailing out Arsenal about 100 years ago to stop them going bust, and given our historic friendship (the loving cup etc) they had asked if any Arsenal branch would consider making a donation to RFC.

I agree mate.

There has been an element of doubt in whether or not it is a good idea to put funds into the club at this moment in time and those concerns are valid. However, it's equally clear that many, many fans want to help out now and not wait for a subjective share issue. We have to respect that so a well run Fund is the right thing to create.

The administrators must be completely clear as to the financial picture though. Anything else could be robbing the people you mention of funds that could be better used.

I agree that there is doubt over the merits of putting money in without getting tickets or shares etc for it, and this is something I have argued for over the apst month. However as true as it is that the reports from fans of clubs in administration would tell you not to do it, I think in our case with the very complex ownership/creditor aspect, it is better we look at the present and worry about the future once we ensure that we have one!