Rangers fans fighting fund launched

From someone who was at the meeting and is taking a very active part , also many posters on ff etc are holding back money as they have already pledged to saverangers , its only muddying the waters mate it should be closed down

"he was asked by Jardine and Hannah to close the saverangers and agreed in front of everyone"

Edited by rbr

Question is will those who pledged hundreds to 'saverangers' put their money where their mouth is and donate to this? 9M was 'pledged'.

Very unfair. There's a vast difference between a share issue and a donation. I doubt many people will be donating a grand. So the question is will you?

I am sorry but having the RFFF and SaveRangers going simultaneously is yet another example of how we struggle for unity. plgsarmy, you do realise that this increases confusion ?

We now have an official source which can be funded, not a pledging website.

To remove the ambiguity the SaveRangers website should be redirected to RFFF as well as making a statement to anyone who pledged telling them where to go (RFFF) to make a donation which has already been agreed will not go to legal or admin bills.

It is nonsense for there to be two drives going at the same time when the official one achieves what the unofficial one was striving to achieve.

Very unfair. There's a vast difference between a share issue and a donation. I doubt many people will be donating a grand.

Why not? If they're 'willing' to put a grand into the club to ensure its future, it seems curious that they're unwilling to put a grand in to ensure its survival. Don't you think?

So the question is will you?

I never pretended I'd put money in on that scale to a fictitious scheme. I was quite outspoken against it.

But I am happy to put my money in to a real cause officially supported by the club.

And have done.

I am sorry but having the RFFF and SaveRangers going simultaneously is yet another example of how we struggle for unity. plgsarmy, you do realise that this increases confusion ?

We now have an official source which can be funded, not a pledging website.

To remove the ambiguity the SaveRangers website should be redirected to RFFF as well as making a statement to anyone who pledged telling them where to go (RFFF) to make a donation which has already been agreed will not go to legal or admin bills.

It is nonsense for there to be two drives going at the same time when the official one achieves what the unofficial one was striving to achieve.

I disagree SaveRangers was striving to achieve anything other than whimsical market research and publicity for those behind it.

I disagree SaveRangers was striving to achieve anything other than whimsical market research and publicity for those behind it.

Danny I might be misunderstanding your point here are you for the saverangers or against it , serious point , as I cant make out if you haveing a go at the RST or backing the saverangers

I will edit my post here given Danny responded.

I see that SaveRangers was about the "fan ownership" model. So the two are decidedly different.

However, that is part of the problem - many of the fans will not see the difference. Many will have pledged to SaveRangers and will be holding their powder for that.

However, Fan ownership will be completely pointless if we cant save the club in the meantime.

SaveRangers, and RFFF to be fair, could adjust their website (assuming RFFF has one) to point out the differences between the two and give fans the choice of the route they go down.

However, in my PERSONAL OPINION, there is a greater need AT THIS POINT for the RFFF than SaveRangers.

Very unfair. There's a vast difference between a share issue and a donation. I doubt many people will be donating a grand. So the question is will you?

Technically what you are arguing is correct. However, the reality is that in our current situation there may be ZERO "investment" into a share if the club dont survive (which seems to now require the donation aspect). Chicken and egg if you will.

I would hazard a guess that the VAST majority of those who pledged to donate through SaveRangers had the survival of Rangers first and foremost in their thoughts, NOT a share certificate which is highly likely to produce them with nothing other than a piece of paper anyway.

Danny I might be misunderstanding your point here are you for the saverangers or against it , serious point , as I cant make out if you haveing a go at the RST or backing the saverangers

My wording may not have been impeccable on this occasion. I am completely against saverangers. It's a total nonsense and always was. Anyone can run a website to gain 'market research' but it's tot to expect action based on the supposed intention.

And RST are always prime target for an attack, given how poorly run they are.