Rangers fans fighting fund launched

There was also a mistake on the original Paypal link so if anyone has donated to assembly@bluenose.co.uk it should be assembly@thebluenose.co.uk. I think you need to go and reclaim your money if you have used the first one.

Unless someone has that address already, anything donated to that account will simply end up nowhere. It only becomes genuine cash once the recipient withdraws it. But thank you for this post, I checked Paypal and it is 'unclaimed' so I've cancelled that and will donate instead to the correct address. That mistake was bloody amateur.

Unless someone has that address already, anything donated to that account will simply end up nowhere. It only becomes genuine cash once the recipient withdraws it. But thank you for this post, I checked Paypal and it is 'unclaimed' so I've cancelled that and will donate instead to the correct address. That mistake was bloody amateur.

I don't think it is in use but the worry is that someone could set something up. Anyway, I've e-mailed Andy Kerr and he will get it checked out.

Saverangers is a joint initiative from all three fans organisations but don't let that get in the way of you having a go at the Trust.

I won't ;)

My quarrel is not with you personally, so while you feel the need to defend the RST at every turn, it will fall on deaf ears with many around here, myself especially.

I don't think it is in use but the worry is that someone could set something up. Anyway, I've e-mailed Andy Kerr and he will get it checked out.

Really quite an astounding error to make. And that typo just sums it up. The scheme is honourable, and worthy of donation, but that kind of mistake highlights the shambolic nature of the club in recent years.

My quarrel is not with you personally, so while you feel the need to defend the RST at every turn, it will fall on deaf ears with many around here, myself especially.

There are PLENTY of RST members "around here" Danny! Not me, but I can assure you there are plenty of RST members on Gersnet.

If we were talking about a tenner then I'd agree with you but a grand is a lot of money to people and there is even a big difference to the two scenarios. I would argue that the ironic thing is that the closer the club is to oblivion then less they would be willing to give. This is from the perception of whether the money will do any good or be swallowed up and then the club goes bust anyway. Imagine you donate a grand now and it's all you've got, everyone else donates a tenner and club goes bust... How would you feel?

If the club was say 10M away from liquidation, I think it more likely people would want to donate whatever it took to stop that happening. If they're willing to pledge it for a share issue, I'd disagree that the closer to annihilation the club are, the less likely to donate people would be.

When people invest a huge chunk of their savings they want some kind of tangible return - firstly a strong Rangers and secondly something that acknowledges their investment. The thing about a share issue is you may eventually lose all your money, but that is over a period of time - and you can cash it in before then or give it as a present or put it on your wall or whatever. It also gives you a tangible say in the running of the club. If the fans buy 100,000 x £1000 shares in the club for 25% ownership then they have some power.

I know what a share is! But you've missed the point. Or seem obsessed with mulling over fictional share issues v donations. And that's what it was - a fictional share issue which presented itself as what Craig and I have been describing.

Donating with no return means that the rich guys can come in, use your money and still own the club outright and mess about with it like the last two owners.

Craig Whyte wasn't rich...SDM was, but I'd hardly say he messed around with supporters' money. Mismanaged the club in ways, yes, but I wouldn't say he abused supporter cash.

But as there was no real payment of money, are you sure you didn't let negative feelings you have for the RST mean that you threw the baby out with the bathwater?

No, I didn't even know they were involved when I heard about the scheme. I was completely against it from the start. When I heard Dingwall was involved as well, it hardly changed my mind!

Most people didn't care who was doing the poll, they just wanted to let people know there was a lot of fans willing to invest a significant amount in the club if it came to it. That information is highly useful to more than the RST.

Told you lot before, polls are fucking useless. They have no value.

I'm sure your thousand pound donation will come in very handy and be put to good use. :)

I'm not one of these wide eyed idealists who pretended they had one spare grand to burn on that site.

Maybe I'm wrong but I really doubt many of those who pledged a grand for a share issue will donate anywhere near the same amount. Myself included.

Isn't...that...exactly what I said?

I'm stunned they didn't notice those errors before the launch. An embarrassment.

It's pretty shocking. The "oversees" error is only a minor mistake, but to give out the wrong email address for Paypal donations is ridiculous.

Absolutely incredible anybody could make such a mistake. Now, the figureheads such as WS and AM you can let off as they wont likely have been involved in the detail. But the Assembly have an incredible amount of egg on their face over this. Amateur doesnt even begin to describe it.

I am a self-confessed grammar police - and I am astounded that happened.

Absolutely incredible anybody could make such a mistake. Now, the figureheads such as WS and AM you can let off as they wont likely have been involved in the detail. But the Assembly have an incredible amount of egg on their face over this. Amateur doesnt even begin to describe it.

I am a self-confessed grammar police - and I am astounded that happened.

I make typos myself all the time and I've seen you make plenty on here too Craig. :D

The bottom line is that the "oversees" error is relatively minor, but advertising the wrong email address for Paypal donations is completely shambolic.