Rangers fans fighting fund launched

As I think some people have already pointed out, the name "SaveRangers" is confusing in the current situation when it coincides (runs in parallel) with the "Rangers Fans Fighting Fund". Why? Basically because the RFFF is about saving Rangers in it's hour of need, while the SaveRangers survey is about something entirely different.

I was meaning the difference between investment and donations rather than the two initiatives.

I was meaning the difference between investment and donations rather than the two initiatives.

Well there's the dictionary definitions of the two words and then there's the situation at the club and the two schemes (three if you count that other one).

Then there's the difference between "investment" and surveying people about potential investment.

Then there's the names "SaveRangers" and "GerSave" which aren't remotely indicative of a fan ownership scheme.

This is quite bloody simple and I have to ask why some people are muddying the waters here.

The SaveRangers campaign was launched to provide Paul Murray with an indication of how much could be raised in a share issue post-takeover to try to get him get his sums right. A survey, nothing more.

The RFFF is to raise funds for Rangers to stay in business while the bidders and administrators sort out the mess and do a deal. It has the backing of the RSC's and the 3 main fans groups. This is the here and now and the only vehicle for Rangers supporters to help their club out at this time. If no Rangers fans put into this fund, the challenge to keept he club going until a buyer's deal is concluded is going to be very difficult indeed, even with the players wage cuts.

Of course you get nothing for your donation other than the small matter of keeping the club we love in business, if that matters to anyone.

I simply cannot understand anyone who says they will wait until they can get a share certificate to put up on the wall before they are willing to dig deep for The Rangers.

The message should be put out loud and clear. Put your money into the RFFF as soon as you can. Forget all about the Save Rangers campaign and any potential share issues, as at the moment they are but one consortium's pipedream.

Attend your local fundraisers when announced. Buy raffle tickets etc and lets try to get as much money as we can into the pot as we can to ensure not only our survival, but that something tangible can come out of it for all of us collectively, not individually.

Fantastic post Tannochside. Exactly what I have been trying to say.

We see all this posturing and wanting "something" for our money. Well, what more do we need or want than the club to continue in existence ?

Any monies pledged, and indeed even paid, into SaveRangers will be completely irrelevant if we dont survive. And that is the crux of it for me. SaveRangers is about post-admin Rangers. RFFF is abou tmaking sure there IS a Rangers to even exit admin.

No brainer to me. Get your cash into RFFF

This is quite bloody simple and I have to ask why some people are muddying the waters here.

The SaveRangers campaign was launched to provide Paul Murray with an indication of how much could be raised in a share issue post-takeover to try to get him get his sums right. A survey, nothing more.

The RFFF is to raise funds for Rangers to stay in business while the bidders and administrators sort out the mess and do a deal. It has the backing of the RSC's and the 3 main fans groups. This is the here and now and the only vehicle for Rangers supporters to help their club out at this time. If no Rangers fans put into this fund, the challenge to keept he club going until a buyer's deal is concluded is going to be very difficult indeed, even with the players wage cuts.

Of course you get nothing for your donation other than the small matter of keeping the club we love in business, if that matters to anyone.

I simply cannot understand anyone who says they will wait until they can get a share certificate to put up on the wall before they are willing to dig deep for The Rangers.

The message should be put out loud and clear. Put your money into the RFFF as soon as you can. Forget all about the Save Rangers campaign and any potential share issues, as at the moment they are but one consortium's pipedream.

Attend your local fundraisers when announced. Buy raffle tickets etc and lets try to get as much money as we can into the pot as we can to ensure not only our survival, but that something tangible can come out of it for all of us collectively, not individually.

I agree with most of your post R. Given that Monty, Andy Smillie and one other ensured that safeguards were put in place so that the money didn't go directly to the administrators then I'm sure that nobody disagrees with the RFFF. What I find pathetic though is that even at a time when we should all be pulling together, there are people whose hatred of fellow Rangers fans is so great that they would put out lies about what was said at the meeting. I can't get my head around that.

I agree with most of your post R. Given that Monty, Andy Smillie and one other ensured that safeguards were put in place so that the money didn't go directly to the administrators then I'm sure that nobody disagrees with the RFFF. What I find pathetic though is that even at a time when we should all be pulling together, there are people whose hatred of fellow Rangers fans is so great that they would put out lies about what was said at the meeting. I can't get my head around that.

I dont know what was said but could it be, rather than lies, mis-interpretation ? It isnt always black and white. I would agree though, if it was just flat out lies then it is pathetic when we are all supposedly pulling together.

However, and I dont want this to become a "Mark Dingwall bash fest" - it is generally regarded (rightly OR wrongly) that MD is much of the reason why people wont unite around the RST. So, if it is all about "pulling together" then surely MD would walk for the greater good ? Or is he too not truly interested in unity and only in furthering his own ambitions ?

If we want unity and someone is perceived as being the barrier to that - then in the true interests of unity surely it makes sense for that person to walk away, Mark Dingwall or ANYBODY else for that matter.....

Now tops 6 figures.

http://t.co/RstNEyO3

RANGERS fans have given generously in the opening days of the Rangers Supporters Assembly's Fighting Fund initiative with the total already topping £100,000.

The 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund' allows supporters to make cash donations that directly affect the club now and will go a long way towards helping secure its future.

Since its launch on Tuesday donations have been pouring in from fans across the country and beyond with a six figure total already reached in less than four days.