Rangers fans fighting fund launched

Guest Dutchy

I've kept away from this thread, for the potential confusion that may result, but it's hardly surprising that the admins don't want to comment on it. It proves there is a huge fan base out there, willing to help Rangers FC.

Or is it because it's been down through the media? Who knows?

I can't think of much more I'd like to say on this matter.

At the moment it is nothing to do with the Admins. They have no access or control of the funds. They will meet with the RFFF heads and discuss what costs they need covered and the RFFF will decide if it's reasonable and send them over.

The Admins have no control of this at all.

I realise admins have no control over the money.

I just find it surprising if they haven't commented on it.

Perhaps my admin radar working overtime.

I realise admins have no control over the money.

I just find it surprising if they haven't commented on it.

Perhaps my admin radar working overtime.

But they have no reason to comment on it. Their usual statement does reference the support of fans etc. Until they directly receive money from the fund to help with costs, they have no cause for comment.

If they had already commented I believe certain fans would be up in arms. To get the fund off the ground there had to be an agreement that the admins/lawyers would not be paid from it. I believe it's better the admins don't comment until/unless it's telling us what they used a particular donation for - which I presume they will be expected to do so.

Spiers just tweeted this:

To those Celtic fans who are near-suicidal at idea of HMRC 'cutting a deal' with RFC: it's no media figment. Duff + Phelps strongly hinting.

(totally irrelevant but probs not worthy of a full thread, unless we can have a twitter feed thread? Good idea/bad idea?)

I hope some of the funds will go to paying off some of the small traders that are creditors, like tradesmen, suppliers etc. Then maybe pay some of the smaller clubs too even dare i say Dundee Utd, although i detest that moron Thompson. But our clubs good name needs to be re-established and this is one way of securing that.

I hope some of the funds will go to paying off some of the small traders that are creditors, like tradesmen, suppliers etc. Then maybe pay some of the smaller clubs too even dare i say Dundee Utd, although i detest that moron Thompson. But our clubs good name needs to be re-established and this is one way of securing that.

Agree mate but that baldy twat would be kept waiting until the very last second before I gave him a penny. Then I would dump it outside Tannadump in one pence pieces.

It was stated at the outset that the Fighting Fund would most definitely not be used to pay off existing creditors. The pot of money is purely to be used to help secure the safety and future of the club. Once the club is safe again then discussions will take place about what's to be done with any remaining money.

It was stated at the outset that the Fighting Fund would most definitely not be used to pay off existing creditors. The pot of money is purely to be used to help secure the safety and future of the club. Once the club is safe again then discussions will take place about what's to be done with any remaining money.

And rightly so. The idea of using our donations to pay off creditors is ridiculous. I donated to keep my club's head above water, not to help creditors survive.