The close relationship between Rangers and Milan.

I decided to take a slight break from my usual style of blogs to concentrate on something very personal to me, and particularly topical in light of an upcoming friendly match Rangers will be playing on the 30th of this month. Announced some many months ago now, Rangers Legends V AC Milan Glorie has been sadly overshadowed by off-field chaos surrounding Ibrox, but I am going to focus only on the growing relationship between the two clubs, which is especially pertinent and special to me in light of my passionate long-term support of both.

Ibrox Noise: The Growing Relationship Between the Rossoneri and Rangers.

Something slightly different and shamefully self indulgent from me, but I thought it was worth a discussion in light of the upcoming match. Feedback and comments appreciated :)

Good wee read there Danny, ordered my tickets today and I'm really looking forward to it. The only little comment I would have is that by Euro '92 Michael Laudrup was a world renowned player who had won Serie A and la Liga twice and that he didn't actually play in the tournament. Other than that, aye, a very nice appetiser for next friday.

Edited by juffery

Good wee read there Danny, ordered my tickets today and I'm really looking forward to it. The only little comment I would have is that by Euro '92 Michael Laudrup was a world renowned player who had won Serie A and la Liga twice and that he didn't actually play in the tournament. Other than that, aye, a very nice appetiser for next friday.

Have to admit I was certain Michael had played in Euro 92! Ah well, with all the facts and figures I was researching, I was bound to get one wee detail wrong :D

I made the correction in light of elder Laudrup not playing. Wikipedia claims his absence was due to a fall out with the manager, which actually happened in 1990. He only returned in 1993.

Obviously we're talking 20 years ago, hence memory might not be totally reliable, but it actually shows how staggering a victory that was for Denmark that the arguably 'better' Laudrup wasn't even playing.