I find using the site very frustrating at the moment. Very often when you try to post it drops to the "Unable to display website" message but tonight I keep getting:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gersnetonline.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk Port 80

I've just posted a 'New Post' this minute and have never experienced what you guys are getting?

I know things can slow down due to volume of visitors but the problem your getting cant be anything to do with the site, can it?

Edit: Aye right now I know what you guys mean....I never use that button 'New Posts'....What's the point?

Edited by 54andcounting

Guys, the forum has had increased traffic in the past few weeks and combined with server problems that are essentially outwith our control it's led to some irratic forum performance.

To try to help matters we've been doing a fair amount of housekeeping in the form of pruning thousands of old news feeds which had no posts from forum members. This slightly reduces the forum's footprint and may well improve performance a little. We've taken some other measures to streamline things as well, so in the meantime, please be patient and simply post here about your errors when they occur.

Cheers! :)

I find the "New Post" feature very helpful as a quick way of finding exactly that i.e. what's new either in terms of threads or posts on threads that are ongoing; right now it doesn't work.

This is an new issue but there have been connectivity problems for some time, resulting in loss of new posts especially if it is a long one; and I now heed the warning to create new docs in WORD but sometimes you don't start out meaning to write a lot!

I appreciate, as I am sure we all do, the amount of time the admins put into the site but I wonder if we had some money from advertising to pay for professional assistance, if that would help. I am going to post a poll to that effect.

• 2 weeks later...