Put your cards on the table over these two important questions

1st post on here, so hello all.

I'm happy to say yes to both questions. Here's why:

Yes, the Club and the legal entity (The Rangers Football Club plc) are one and the same, but for me, Rangers are so much more, it's the people, the feeling of going to the ground, the crest, the values (tarnished though they are right now) etc. As long as a new co had Rangers in their name, I couldn't imagine NOT supporting them.

As for losing trophies, that's even easier. If we hadn't won those competitions in the first place, would you have stopped supporting the Gers at the time? If the answer is no, then I can't see why you would stop just because someone alters the record books after the event.

Am i right in saying if we survive but get found guilty of the EPT thing it’s very hard for them to remove any trophies because they need to prove we wouldn’t have won them if we hadn’t used EBT’s?

Here's another wee thought....

If a newco club is formed and "officially" the history starts from scratch, surely its up to those fans who have followed/loved the club for generations NOT to allow the true history to die!!! Its up to those fans to pass that 140 year history down the generations, as their fathers & grand fathers did to them. Rangers are a lot more than a PLC company. IMHO a newco being formed is just another entry into the Rangers FC history book!!!

I personally think you have things turned inside out. I believe we may lose a few supporters in the beginning but after a few seasons and a league win then things will return to normal and the Newco will be a part of the history of the Glasgow Rangers football club,. Which is what it should have been called all along.

Just as another point. Do any of the supporters outwith Glasgow disagree with using Glasgow in the name? Would you still support with Glasgow in the name?

totally disagree with you here Pete. We are in block capitals THE RANGERS. Do you hear of Arsenal being called London Arsenal? Come to that Edinburgh Hibernian? (though I know that was their original name).The English media often use the term to avoid complication with Queens Park Rangers. FWIW I apply the same argument to Celtic.

Here's another wee thought....

If a newco club is formed and "officially" the history starts from scratch, surely its up to those fans who have followed/loved the club for generations NOT to allow the true history to die!!! Its up to those fans to pass that 140 year history down the generations, as their fathers & grand fathers did to them. Rangers are a lot more than a PLC company. IMHO a newco being formed is just another entry into the Rangers FC history book!!!

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject, the people who are running the game here want to use this situation to their absolute maximimum advantage. We should not play their game. If a newco needs to be formed then it's the fault of the people who ran the oldco not the fans who in reality 'are' the club. We will still be there and the heritage will be passed on.

Rangers were founded by teenagers, all the early reports of the club highlighted their enthusiastic approach. Rangers were the light and speedy blues. A word, 'SPIRIT' became synonymous with our club; whether it was the spirit of Rangers or the spirit of Ibrox. The word, SPIRIT defined our first 50 years.

My first game was in the early 60s, at Cathkin Park against Third Lanark. It was the opening game of the season, the sun shone and my father placed me over the wall to sit on the wide grass verge with the other boys. I was aware of the growing excitement of those surrounding, everytime the team in blue went forward. It was heady, the feeling of oneness was overwhelming. I fell in love with the SPIRIT. At the age of 7-8, 3-4 years after the described event, I fell in love with Rangers.

Whatever happens, whatever becomes of my club, whatever manifestation it takes, .............................. I look forward to falling in love all over again.

I just can't get this way of thinking. That means is your dad has a heart attack in the street and stops breathing,later to be brought back through reanimation, Then he is not your dad anymore. I don't get it at all.

totally disagree with you here Pete. We are in block capitals THE RANGERS. Do you hear of Arsenal being called London Arsenal? Come to that Edinburgh Hibernian? (though I know that was their original name).The English media often use the term to avoid complication with Queens Park Rangers. FWIW I apply the same argument to Celtic.

I can take it Alex even the wife doesn't agree with me much.:grin: To me it has always been Glasgow Rangers probably came from the songs from yesteryear.