Rangers Fans Unite - Hampden March 28/04/2012 - UPDATE PLEASE READ!

Thing is: are people going to follow through with the boycott of these companies?

The only one I patronise regularly is Tesco. If 10k people stopped spending £100 a week there then they'd lose £1m a week in turnover. That could so easily be multiplied by about 10.

Imagine them losing £10m a week for 10 weeks - £100m?

It would really make them sit up and take notice. However, I really can't see it happening as people just don't follow through on these things and it needs mass participation to make an impact.

I really can't see people cancelling Sky as I think too many people would miss the EPL more than they want to support their club. The evidence is there from the huge number who had a Sky subscription but not Setanta...

Thing is: are people going to follow through with the boycott of these companies?

The only one I patronise regularly is Tesco. If 10k people stopped spending £100 a week there then they'd lose £1m a week in turnover. That could so easily be multiplied by about 10.

Imagine them losing £10m a week for 10 weeks - £100m?

It would really make them sit up and take notice. However, I really can't see it happening as people just don't follow through on these things and it needs mass participation to make an impact.

I really can't see people cancelling Sky as I think too many people would miss the EPL more than they want to support their club. The evidence is there from the huge number who had a Sky subscription but not Setanta...

You may be right. But you can understand the desire to at least do something!

You may be right. But you can understand the desire to at least do something!

I'm all for it, I just hope everyone is too, otherwise what's the point?

I put £50 into the fighting fund which may not be very much, but if all the people who went to Manchester did the same, and also plenty who didn't go, then we'd have over £10m in the fund.

If you can afford £100-200 to go to Manchester you can afford 50 quid to save your club. There's just not enough people walking the walk.

There's a hard core of people doing something for the club but there seems to be a vast majority who just can't be bothered beyond having a moan.

Some of the stuff is easy and actually saves you money - don't go to away games, cancel your Sky deal and don't go to MacDee's. How hard can it be?