What's the story with the Azure/Elior catering contract?

again more questions than answers.

Well, that's why I asked the question. The profit on catering must be quite significant over the season. If there would be more income for the club by it all being in-house, then that would obviously be the way to go for a new owner if possible, but it's a tough one to judge. Did David Murray source it out to try and line his own pockets, or did he do it because it made sense for the club financially?

Well, that's why I asked the question. The profit on catering must be quite significant over the season. If there would be more income for the club by it all being in-house, then that would obviously be the way to go for a new owner if possible, but it's a tough one to judge. Did David Murray source it out to try and line his own pockets, or did he do it because it made sense for the club financially?

To be honest I think catering is better contracted out. for 90 minutes a week you don't want a catering manager and lots of staff walking around in fast empoyment.

hard to be sure. celtc do theirs in house but at one time said they should and would look to outsource it.

The catering at Ibrox is shyte.

We should not have a single catering provider. Rather, we should sell outlets on a piecemeal basis and encourage different providers to bid for them (e.g. pizza, burgers, etc. etc.). That would give the supporters a choice and the competition would encourage quality and price competitiveness.

Mondy could be saved by sub-contracting the catering out. With no staff costs, stock holding or having to forecast sales on matchdays, there would be cost savings, while receiving some of the revenue gained. Either the costs of catering are excessively high, or the returns arent worth the hassle. Remember also that SDM sold the jerseys to JJB and shut the shops, similar thought process I think.

To be honest I think catering is better contracted out. for 90 minutes a week you don't want a catering manager and lots of staff walking around in fast empoyment.

Like you pete, I'd have thought that contracting it out would bring in more money for the club, but I'm not positive.