There may be no Rangers for a season

Guys you really underestimate the situation as usual. Most of you said 'Rangers will never go into administration' then 'Rangers will never newco/liquidate'

Point of order.

No-one is under-estimating anything. Moreover, that's the 2nd time you've come on here and patronised our membership. Have a yellow card!

About 12 weeks before next season starts, when exactly does a NEWCO need to be registered by?

Not a clue but lets face it the SPL will be sweating as much as us as will the rest of their teams as their season tickets will be worthless without the Rangers.

About 12 weeks before next season starts, when exactly does a NEWCO need to be registered by?

Clearly, the date may depend on what sanctions (if any) the SPL place upon the club.

However, it's likely that as long as it is done before the end of this month, the SPL would be unable to retrospectively apply any new rules they bring in. Many people feel that this Sunday may be the more likely deadline but there is a lot of negotiating being done in the background.

No chance, Rangers will either be there next season or we will be gone full stop. I think we will be there.

That is not strictly accurate.

The options for Rangers, should no buyer of sufficient financial power make an acceptable (and successful) bid for the club, are as follows:

(i) the club limps on in administration, for as long as it can. This will require asset sales -- namely, player sales, further weakening the club. The other possibility is extended wage-cuts, but I think that is unlikely. The company can limp along in administration for a period of 12 months, or longer with agreement from the court or creditors. (I personally don't think the club could limp along for long -- the timeline I would estimate for that path would be a short one.)

(ii) when it is no longer possible for the club to limp along in administration, it is deemed to be irredeemably insolvent, resulting in a winding-up/liquidation process (under which, Rangers' assets -- players, land, property, and anything else -- are indiscriminately broken-up and sold to raise monies for creditors).

Given the grave nature of the above, if there is indeed movement from a party/group which has not yet been revealed, and this party/group has the financial power to ensure Rangers' security/well-being, I would be pleased and relieved about that.

As to the exact plan -- (i) straight CVA or (ii) asset purchase into new company, CVA on old company -- I am open to either.

Edited by tangent60