Gattuso issues Rangers plea

Gennaro Gattuso has revealed that he wants to rejoin Rangers after bidding an emotional farewell to AC Milan.

More...

Gennaro Gattuso has revealed that he wants to rejoin Rangers after bidding an emotional farewell to AC Milan.

The 34-year-old brought down the curtain on his Milan career over the weekend, 13 years after joining the Rossoneri.

The 2006 World Cup winner is now a free agent and he is hopeful he could move back to Rangers, where he became a cult figure during a 12-month spell with them back in 1997.

"I'd like to play for Glasgow Rangers, that's my dream," he told Sportitalia.

"However, they are going through a complicated situation.

"I've spoken to some people who are looking to enter the club, but we'll have to see what happens next. They are not the only option.

"I'm not bothered about money. I want an experience that will touch me emotionally, I want to feel alive.

"If in the future I feel as if I'm not in the best shape then I'll hand my contract back to whichever club I sign for."

Edited by Frankie

I honestly think it would be a bad move if this were to happen,we have young midfielders trying to make their way in the first team and I would rather have that.

I'm wary of re-signing Gattuso but his experience and knowledge could be invaluable for the young players you mention.

Obviously the money involved is the biggest question but the fact Gattuso is doing his coaching badges this summer may help discount that negative a bit further.

I'm wary of re-signing Gattuso but his experience and knowledge could be invaluable for the young players you mention.

Obviously the money involved is the biggest question but the fact Gattuso is doing his coaching badges this summer may help discount that negative a bit further.

I hear you mate,but we have Durrant there with Ally,do we need Gattuso?,anyway it's all speculation.

How realistic is his offer? Could just be answering a tricky question with some emotional attachment but not actually serious about playing for us. Or he may want to play for us in ideal circumstances - ie if we were not in financial crisis and had guaranteed European football to look forward to.

On the flip side you've got to wonder what he's got left in the tank - Celtic have recently had a few famous names at the edge of retirement, and they have been a complete waste of money and a bit of an embarrassment really.

However, player/assistant manager could be an attractive option...

How realistic is his offer? Could just be answering a tricky question with some emotional attachment but not actually serious about playing for us. Or he may want to play for us in ideal circumstances - ie if we were not in financial crisis and had guaranteed European football to look forward to.

On the flip side you've got to wonder what he's got left in the tank - Celtic have recently had a few famous names at the edge of retirement, and they have been a complete waste of money and a bit of an embarrassment really.

However, player/assistant manager could be an attractive option...

The last part is not a bad shout, but I would be against giving him a year simply to satisfy some romantic notion he has.

Who would we get as manager?