SFA sanction Appeal Rejected - Official.

I wasn't surprised by this decision of course the new panel were going to back the old, it would make the SFA a worse joke than they are now. Its still a very harsh and unjust punishment.

One guy keeps springing to my mind is Regan

Rangers fear the inability to sign and register senior players for a full year would be debilitating to their on-field prospects, but the panel concluded that they had sufficient resources already at their disposal to remain viable.

"The appellate tribunal recognises that the disciplinary tribunal decision does not affect Rangers' ability to extend the contracts of existing professional players, including those whose contracts will expire at the end of this season and including also those currently on loan to other clubs," the statement continued.

"The appellate tribunal observes that Rangers FC have over 40 professional players in this category."

Is that before the fire sale starts with our players???

Fuck the sfa!!!

Heh and how many of them are over 18, not enough and as you say there will be a fair number of players going.

I would like to see Rangers refuse to participate in the Scottish Cup next season,which I believe was one of the options the SFA had to hit us with,I wonder why they didn't?

I would have thought that would have been a more just punishment. However the SFA's greedy minds thought we might miss out on a potential Old Firm match or 2 so they wont do that.

The Judicial Panel have unlimited powers, something our wonderful administrators should understand.

Why no Scottish Cup ban before they start making it up on the fly looking after themselves by any chance. How did they come up with a 1 year ban who was involved in the process of that decision, do we actually believe the 3 muppets sitting on the panel just by themselves went hold on all the sanctions agreed upon by the clubs and written down in front of us arent enough why don't we just make one up on the fly. Then they just pull a 1 year transfer ban a sanction never used or even thought about in the history of Scottish Football out of the hat it stinks to the heavens.

At least the Admin guys are actually trying to do something instead of the usual Rangers response, let's bend over and take it up the arse. Instead of having a pop at the only guys fighting this corrupt shower of bastards you should be having a pop at the SFA trying its best to bury it greatest member club.

I thought the original judgement was harsh at the time, but having read the both it and the appeal, not so sure about that.

Deliberately withholding £13m tax & PAYE to use to pay players is not a minor offence - as the panel said, the only thing worse would be match fixing.

In law, the argument that it was the actions of an individual not the corporate entity doesn't hold water (there was a case involving Tesco which set the president on that).

As for the sanctions, the panel were empowered to make up a new sanction if they felt that none of the existing ones were suitable. Personally, I don't think a ban from the Scottish Cup for 1 season would be sufficient deterrent for other clubs (let's face it many clubs would expect to go out in round 1 anyway).

Instead of blaming everyone else for the mess we're in, let's face facts, our Club has been run in the most shockingly poor way. Taking massive risks on a tax avoidance scheme, the owner responsible for that then selling the club to a dodgy character whom everyone in the know said we should avoid, the new guy sets a budget that required Champions League football to avoid a £10m loss, he then dishes out contracts we couldn't afford and then the Club fraudulently withholds tax to pay for it. If that's not enough then we should remember that people withing the club have been falsifying invoices using Clipart for God's sake.

I know it's hard to take, and I love Rangers as much as the rest of you, but i think some people need to look at the massive wrongdoing and accept that if any other club had done that, we'd expect them to be hammered. Let's take some responsibility for the mess we're in rather than just blame everyone else.

Anyone seriously thinking about marching on Hampden on Saturday, needs to stop and think about the facts rather than the emotion, before they make a nightmare situation even worse.

Ain't that like what happened to Sion? Haven't double-checked on that. For Scotland, this is a first. Now imagine that they will find us guilty for some wrong-doings in the EBt thing (they can just make that up too) and hammer us with a ... say ... 25-point penalty. You know, if the creditors don't drive us over the edge by not agreeing to the CVA, these lots at the SFA and SPL sure do it. There is only so much a club can take.

You do hope that, no matter what, we should have a number of actions ready to take affect from next season, fan-based, so the club can't be sanctioned.

I know this decision is unprecedented, bias, and absolutely stinks, and as fans we should take action by boycotting all away games next season.

However, how disappointed do you think the new owners are? They can steady the ship financially, they don't need to splash out cash on new players, and can concentrate on cementing our current squad on longer term deals. It gives us a season where young players are going to come to the fore. This is either going to provide us with a fantastic crop of young players going forward, or put our young players in the shop window for those who don't quite cut it. Either way it benefits us.

As much as it's a sham decision, I don't actually see it doing us too much harm. If anything it could really help us.