Simple answer to SFA sanctions

If Green is as serious as he sounded in Sunday (or was it Monday)interview,

when he stressed that Europe was essential.Then why doesn't he just sign the players

we have at the club now,and I'm pretty sure we have enough talent to get us into

Europe.Probably even enough to win the league.

Thoughts guys?

Hi all, first time poster from Durban in South Africa, by way of Stewarton! Being away from home, I am reliant on internet sites and Sky Sports for updates on the situation. I am sure that all overseas bears will agree that without the updates from yourselves, we would be even more in the dark (if that's possible, given the uncertainty on the situation!)

I agree that the current squad is strong enough to compete for trophies, but my understanding is that if we achieve a CVA, we can then extend contracts. If we go into a Newco, then there is no absolute confirmation that the contracts can just be transferred from the old company. Also it would only be if we exit admin through a CVA will we be allowed to compete in Europe. Here's hoping that the creditors agree to the CVA and we can start to focus on the football again!

Hi all, first time poster from Durban in South Africa, by way of Stewarton! Being away from home, I am reliant on internet sites and Sky Sports for updates on the situation. I am sure that all overseas bears will agree that without the updates from yourselves, we would be even more in the dark (if that's possible, given the uncertainty on the situation!)

I agree that the current squad is strong enough to compete for trophies, but my understanding is that if we achieve a CVA, we can then extend contracts. If we go into a Newco, then there is no absolute confirmation that the contracts can just be transferred from the old company. Also it would only be if we exit admin through a CVA will we be allowed to compete in Europe. Here's hoping that the creditors agree to the CVA and we can start to focus on the football again!

Hi! Davie,pretty new myself on here.So what you are saying is,we can't even keep the players we have now,even if they want to

remain at the club? I give up.I don't have a clue what's going on.

Think we need the ok of the players and the SFA who hold their registration for the transfer, but if they don't allow it we don't have a team because we cant register new players to a newco because the embargo goes to the newco. Confused yet!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong Davie but can we resign players under Admin as long as we don't offer them improved contracts

Edited by GovanAllan

If we were to go down the newco route which I think we will have to go the players are transferred

To the newco under the TUPE regs but the problem with that is they can refuse to be tuped and would therefore

have to be sold or released

Surely we need to take one thing at a time , firstly if the players revert back to their original contract as come June 1st the release/low transfer clause disappears , 2nd if we manage to come out of this with a CVA I believe we only have a 1 year European ban , its only if the third option/nuclear option of a newco kicking in that players can leave if they wish and the 3 year ban comes into play from Europe , or have I missed something ( quite probably lol)

ps welcome Davie p

Surely we need to take one thing at a time , firstly if the players revert back to their original contract as come June 1st the release/low transfer clause disappears , 2nd if we manage to come out of this with a CVA I believe we only have a 1 year European ban , its only if the third option/nuclear option of a newco kicking in that players can leave if they wish and the 3 year ban comes into play from Europe , or have I missed something ( quite probably lol)

ps welcome Davie p

I suppose it depends on to what extent the SPL decide to shaft us too. I felt so good about our future on Sunday, now I have more questions than answers.

Green doesn't own the club and things could still go wrong with the deal so he can't do anything at the moment.

Here's one of his statements from today Bd:

When we offered to buy the club we realised what the potential was. Last night's announcement was an option we considered when we bought the club.