St Johnstone chairman says no to Rangers â??newcoâ?? without sanctions

St Johnstone chairman Steve Brown has insisted that he will not vote for a â??newcoâ? Rangers to be readmitted to the Scottish Premier League without sanction.

The SPL chairmen will vote next week on changes to the leagueâ??s rules which could impose set penalties for any club that exits administration by a newco route.

Existing rules allow the SPL membership to be transferred to a â??newcoâ? if approved by the league board but any sanction is discretionary.

Fans of other SPL clubs have made it known that they oppose any Rangers â??newcoâ?? being approved without punishment and Brown says he understands their concerns.

â??I can relate to that,â? he told STV. â??Iâ??ve been a supporter, am still a supporter and Iâ??ve been on supportersâ?? buses, trains and on the terraces.

â??If Iâ??ve got a vote then I certainly will not let Rangers in without sanctions. That will not happen.â?

Brown stressed that with prospective Rangers owner Charles Green still keen to see the club exit administration through a CVA, any discussion of the Ibrox club transferring their SPL share was hypothetical. However, he said that he was not alone in believing that it was a strategy that would have to incur sanction.

â??The feeling from the people Iâ??ve spoken to from within the chairmenâ??s ranks is that they wonâ??t let Rangers in with a â??get out free cardâ??,â? he explained. â??That wonâ??t happen.

â??I think Rangers themselves and the majority of supporters accept that theyâ??re going to have to get some form of punishment. Thatâ??s wholly accepted throughout the game. It has to happen.â?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-johnstone/102749-st-johnstone-chairman-says-no-to-rangers-newco-without-sanctions/

Can you imagine say 5 years ago and St. Johnstone going into administration and forming a 'newco' Rangers stand up and proclaim - NO! They must have sanctions, we will not stand for them fucking up.....let's bury them and never see their like again!

St.Johnstone....shit club who play somewhere in the East of Scotland and strive to be in the big league.

Edited by 54andcounting

Can you imagine say 5 years ago and St. Johnstone going into administration and forming a 'newco' Rangers stand up and proclaim - NO! They must have sanctions, we will not stand for them fucking up.....let's bury them and never see their like again!

St.Johnstone....shit club who play somewhere in the East of Scotland and strive to be in the big league.

Whats wrong with the east of Scotland like?and to my knowledge Perth aint in the east of Scotland,rant over. !!!!!!![/i]

That's all right by me. The more we know where people stand, the more we can judge what response to take, each and every one of us.

The farce of their toytown stadium, 80% filled with Rangers fans, at the end of the season ought to provide one route we can go down.

Fuck St Johnstone !!

10 point penalty

No Europe

Transfer embargo

That not enough for these khunts ??!

No bears at their shitty wee ground will hit them hard next season. Definite boycott of that shithole

The clubs that yoyo up and down from the SPL to Division 1 like St Johnstone and Dunfermline are the ones most likely to be against our re-admittance without additional sanctions. Reason: well, they're the ones who stand to lose the least from doing so. They are well used to cutting their cloth from season to season depending on whether they can charge SPL prices and gain tv revenues. Ergo, the loss of the income from Rangers fans travelling in their thousands, and Celtic for that matter, is easier for them to cope with.

Everyone else coming out with these statements is playing the long game. They probably want to hammer us into the ground but the cold hard reality of their existence is on the line. Therefore the likes of Dundee United will make lots of proclamations about difficult decisions but I think ultimately that turkeys wont vote for christmas.

More sanctions ffs, how many times can they punish us before they are happy? for me it's either the third division with the punishments we already have, or the SPL with siad punishment and no more add ons.

I hope we never forget these vultures, revenge will be sweet.