I put that down to the pressure of the current game. Managers and supporters (especially of the OF) demand instant success. As a result, there appears to be a reluctance to give the youngsters a chance. The majority of youngsters that have had their chance in the Rangers 1st team recently, have got that chance through necessity ie. injury problems, rather than choice.

I believe that needs to change. There are currently a number of very promising young players on the verge of regular 1st team action....this is the season to give them their chance based on merit, rather than necessity!!!

Just watch McCoist revert to type if he has the choice.

I put that down to the pressure of the current game. Managers and supporters (especially of the OF) demand instant success. As a result, there appears to be a reluctance to give the youngsters a chance. The majority of youngsters that have had their chance in the Rangers 1st team recently, have got that chance through necessity ie. injury problems, rather than choice.

I believe that needs to change. There are currently a number of very promising young players on the verge of regular 1st team action....this is the season to give them their chance based on merit, rather than necessity!!!

You feel that if we were bringing through two or three quality players every year or so, but thought they may struggle with the demand for success from the stands, we'd be sending them out to diddy clubs a la Charlie Adam at St Mirren. Our loaned out players haven't shown anything at all afaics.

I don't think Murray Park has been that bad overall.

And I also don't think we should change the name. Stalinist air-brushing out of history the bits you don't like is the surest way to make the same mistakes over and over again. The catastrophe of Murray must never be forgotten; we should buy new gates, with 'Murray Park' in sixty foot high red letters above them.

We've brought through less than when when training elsewhere. That could be down to the management or the society we now live in, but we could, and should, have set our sights a lot higher than we did.

Given that we are over 100 years old, its only common sense that more would have been brought through before, we have only been at Murray Park for 20 years or so.

The list of current graduates from Auchenhowie is endless, whether they made/make it at Rangers or not, we brought them through and gave them that platform to have a career in football, here or elsewhere.

McGregor

Hutton

S Smith

Perry

D Wilson

C Adam

J Ness

McCabe

Burke

G Wylde

McCormack

Not mentioning Fleck, Cole, K Hutton, Hemmings, G Adam and the rest......

One concern is not enough strikers or centre halfs are coming through, vital positions. I also don't like or trust Sinclair but i think the venue gets a needless bad rep.

That team above under the right coach could clean up in Scotland. For whatever reason things didn't work out but there is not one dreadfully poor player in that team.

It is of course, all about opinions.

Edited by kuznetsov

Considering the costs and only McGregor and Hutton are worthy then its been a complete waist of resources.

Cant speak highly enough of McGregor and Hutton though, 2 absolute gems.

Given that we are over 100 years old, its only common sense that more would have been brought through before, we have only been at Murray Park for 20 years or so.

The list of current graduates from Auchenhowie is endless, whether they made/make it at Rangers or not, we brought them through and gave them that platform to have a career in football, here or elsewhere.

McGregor

Hutton

S Smith

Perry

D Wilson

C Adam

J Ness

McCabe

Burke

G Wylde

McCormack

One concern is not enough strikers or centre halfs are coming through, vital positions. I also don't like or trust Sinclair but i think the venue gets a needless bad rep.

That team above under the right coach could clean up in Scotland. For whatever reason things didn't work out but there is not one dreadfully poor player in that team.

I'm not saying that it hasn't produced anyone, just that it could have been a far better set-up with a bit of forward thinking. A great idea, but wasted. Go back twenty years before it opened and there are similar talented players, if not better.

McGregor

Hutton

S Smith

Perry

D Wilson

C Adam

J Ness

McCabe

Burke

G Wylde

McCormack

The unfortunate thing about the above list is that other than McGregor. None of them truly made it at Rangers. Hutton went through a stage where nobody liked him. Then Walter Smith came back he had couple of great games for Scotland and Rangers and he was sold for silly money. All of them (with the exception of those still there) as you say went on to greater things.

I would've have liked to have seen Rangers focus more on player development over the last 10 years or so and really lived within our means. Too many managers wasted money on diddies, money we clearly did not have.

McGregor

Hutton

S Smith

Perry

D Wilson

C Adam

J Ness

McCabe

Burke

G Wylde

McCormack

Would be a great starting 11 and all Scottish as well!!