Looking forward to this starting next week. Fancy Germany to win it but Spain and Holland will be there also. Should be some cracking games in the group stages.

Teams in bold to go through.

Group A:

Russia

Czech Rep

Poland

Greece

Group B:

Holland

Germany

Portugal

Denmark

Group C:

Spain

Italy

Rep Ireland

Croatia

Group D:

England

France

Ukraine

Sweden

Guest superrcooper7

I think it'll be between Holland and Spain tbh, don't fancy Germany at all and could see Portugal going through from that group instead.

I think it'll be between Holland and Spain tbh, don't fancy Germany at all and could see Portugal going through from that group instead.

If we see the same German team from 2010 WC then I cant see anyone beating them, I thought they were the best side in South Africa. They battered England and Argentina. If Moeller wasnt suspended in the semi against Spain I think they'd have won.

Portugal need Ronaldo to be on top form else cant see them getting much.

At teatime on Friday next I will disappear into a Euro shaped hole. Can't wait!! Two games a night! Mostly of top quality!! And I won't have to look at Rob McLean or Steven Craigan!!!

Hopefully Pat Nevin is there, though, he's good.

I thought England would make it out of their group but Im beginning to doubt that now. The squad isnt good enough and with no Rooney in the first few games they could easily have another repeat of WC 2010 and struggle.

6 Liverpool players in the squad now which says it all. They have been rank this season.

Barry centre midfielder out so Woy pulls in a defender - Jagielka.

Lampard pulls out and he brings in Henderson (should have been Carrick IMO).

Cahill out so he brings in a full back Kelly.

The last one is a huge snub to Ferdinand. But Micah Richards is the one I cant work out. He'd be in my starting XI ahead of Glen Johnson.

Maybe just means we'll get to enjoy England getting gubbed.

Germany will win it. I work with a young German lad that is football nuts. he says the German FA have been building towards these Euros and the next WC, they have a young team that have been playing together more or less since they were 10 years old.

People writing off Portugal. I have a sneaky feeling about them.

For the gamblers among you. Ladbrokes offering £5 free bet everytime your top scorer scores if you stake 20 bucks. Seems a decent bet. Some good odds out there too

There is always a dark horse. My 2 outside tips would Croatia and Russia.

Croatia have some cracking players, with the turmoil surrounding Italys match fixing I can see them beating Italy and Ireland and going through, then they play the runners up in Englands group which is winnable. With Balotelli in the Italy team anything could happen. Then again the Italians are capable of winning it!

But the Russians are practically playing in their own back yard, have a good group and I can see them doing well. 20/1 is worth a fiver.

Holland are crap and won't get far. Van Marwijk won't budge from a 433 which means Huntelaar will be sitting on the bench or van Persie will be stuck on the wing. Snijder has hardly played for his club this season and their defence is very poor. No chance of Holland winning it. Germany first in the pool and a last game shoot out between Holland and Portugal for the second spot

Guest Dutchy

Jings, crivens, help m'boab, a thread about football on a Rangers website lol.

I'm really looking forward to this as well, usually, we get a lot of good games and it's not always the ones you'd expect.

I've got Holland to win, and a couple of outsider bets on Italy, a hard team to beat and Portugal, possibly a surprise package if they get their act together.

Spain are notoriiously bad starters, although I expect them to get out of their group. Germany looks good, but they were only 3/1 in the betting, so I decided to give them a miss as far as a bet goes, but they could well winn it.

Roll on Friday.