Congratulations to the Queen

If you were born into that gig you'd cling on to it for 60 years as well. Millions of people work hard and serve their country, some even give their lives to defending it but they are not rewarded with lives of luxury and privilege.

In the years to come things are going to get very difficult for a lot of people, energy shortages, economic collapse, poverty and health system privatisation. What will the Royal family contribute to helping out in these areas? It won't be an awful lot I promise you.

The Royal Family bring in more revenue to the country than they cost the taxpayer, so that republican argument is redundant.

The Royal Family bring in more revenue to the country than they cost the taxpayer, so that republican argument is redundant.

In what way do they bring in more revenue than, say, the other tourist attractions in London?

Just curious as I'm not a follower of TRF.

Turned on the TV and turned it straight back off again. What a pile of old shite on BBC and ITV.

Two and a Half Men it is.

I've actually enjoyed watching the events on the tv over the last couple of days and on Saturday night I attended a fine garden party to celebrate.

Each to their own ..GSTQ

Also noticed that was your second post on this thread saying basically the same thing, you made your point is there any real reason to repeat it :)

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

I've actually enjoyed watching the events on the tv over the last couple of days and on Saturday night I attended a fine garden party to celebrate.

Each to their own ..GSTQ

Also noticed that was your second post on this thread saying basically the same thing, you made your point is there any real reason to repeat it :)

My first post in the thread didn't make mention to TAAHM. ;)

Also, I don't why The Queen is getting congratulated on looking "fantastic" and "beautiful". Of course she does. What does she do that would make her look like another 84 female (or whatever age she is) who has worked all her life?

I don't get the smarmyness shown by reporters and journos.

Edited by Gazza_8

I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of the Monarchy but I've really enjoyed most of the coverage over the last few days.

These people lead a privileged life but they also work hard for our country and I'm not sure I'd swap my life for theirs.

Currently, I am in Natchez, Mississippi.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Natchez Visitor Centre flying the Union flag. It continued among a number of the local stores, I spotted a Royal Standard, an RAF flag(well, it's blue skies down here and we all know Crab Air only fly on days when the sky is deepest blue), another Union flag, and a Lion Rampant(Royal Standard in Scotland).

I do wonder if the Mississippians are only doing it to noise up the Louisianans just across the river?