McCoist - We are in talks for return of Gattuso

I'm genuinely surprised Rino appears to be willing to take a massive massive massive wage loss. Looks like it has nothing to do with money for him, and that is honourable.

I think it's about him completing his career journey and helping out his old club.

None of the Milan supporters I know, and I've known hundreds, have ever really been big fans of his, apart from maybe one. Generally most thank him for his service but 'it's time for him to move on'.

But, just to clarify, I assume you also question the post I was replying via the same logic, given it said a lot of fans wanted him to stay? Or...why did you only question mine?

So you make a judgement on a few fans you know to be a vast majority. The other poster made a statement that lots of fans wanted him to stay. among 80.000+ supporters I think that is probably a fact. Many will like him just as McCulloch is a split decision in our team. You go for a vast majority from a very small group of people you say you know. I believe for market research they need to have thousands of reactions so again I feel you are making a statement you cannot substantiate. I would normally not pick on such a post but you begin with "You are incorrect" while the poster is possibly more correct than you.

So you make a judgement on a few fans you know to be a vast majority. The other poster made a statement that lots of fans wanted him to stay. among 80.000+ supporters I think that is probably a fact. Many will like him just as McCulloch is a split decision in our team. You go for a vast majority from a very small group of people you say you know. I believe for market research they need to have thousands of reactions so again I feel you are making a statement you cannot substantiate. I would normally not pick on such a post but you begin with "You are incorrect" while the poster is possibly more correct than you.

Interesting how your reply here rather ignores what I just said. I've known hundreds and you've altered that to 'a few fans' 'small group of people'. I am a Milan supporter and have been for a massive proportion of my life. Yet, somehow you dismiss my comments as inaccurate despite having absolutely no idea if they are or not. Is it just because I was negative about Gattuso in some way?

I think it is.

Interesting how your reply here rather ignores what I just said. I've known hundreds and you've altered that to 'a few fans' 'small group of people'. I am a Milan supporter and have been for a massive proportion of my life. Yet, somehow you dismiss my comments as inaccurate despite having absolutely no idea if they are or not. Is it just because I was negative about Gattuso in some way?

I think it is.

Just to be a pedantic sod (Craig isnt online so I'll do the honours :D;)) A few hundred out of 80000 full San Siro is still less than 1%.

"Rino Gattuso has warned Rangers they will lose him to another club if their problems aren't resolved quickly.

The Italian World Cup winner's agent Andrea D'Amico spent a second day talking to prospective owner Charles Green in Glasgow on Friday.

Reports from Italy even suggested the 34-year-old has been offered a two-year, £12,000-a-week deal, complete with a cut of merchandising sold in his name.

Warning: Rino Gattuso wants clarity from Rangers

On Friday night, however, the AC Milan legend told Sportsmail that Rangers are just one of five offers on the table.

And he will only return if the club can thrash out a CVA, exit administration and find a way to sign players while keeping a competitive team together.

'The problems right now are with the club. There is no problem with the contract,' said Gattuso.

'If they want me to sign for one year or two years - no problem. The only problem for me is that I have four or five offers from other teams but I want to play for Rangers.

'By the 14th of this month the club will know if the CVA stands or not. If there is some hope things can be all right, then maybe I will wait for another week or two before I do anything.'

Gattuso refused to confirm a contract is already in place in principle, but insisted: 'I am 34. I have money, and if that was important to me I would just go to Dubai or Qatar. Simple.

'But it's not about money. I played for Milan for 13 years - so money is no issue.

Title ambition: Gattuso says Rangers must be competitive

'What is important is that the squad is competitive, that every day the training is good and the situation does not change every week.

'I would like to help them and play for Rangers but the team must be competitive. I would come to Glasgow to win the league - not to be fighting relegation.'

Gattuso, whose wife Monica is Glaswegian, spoke to Ally McCoist this week and insisted the discussion was positive.

He added: 'I spoke to Coisty three or four days ago and he was very happy I wanted to come back.

'We didn't talk too much about the problems, because every day things change.'

Green confirmed talks with Gattuso had been positive but admitted the move is obviously contingent on the club being able to sign players."

He would probably immediately become the best player in the SPL by a mile, even if he's not quite the player he was.

This would be a sensational signing and what a way to get back in business. I have wanted this signing for a long, long time. It's unlikely we will sign a player of his calibre again for some time.

He would probably immediately become the best player in the SPL by a mile, even if he's not quite the player he was.

This would be a sensational signing and what a way to get back in business. I have wanted this signing for a long, long time. It's unlikely we will sign a player of his calibre again for some time.

Not sure if I agree he'd be the best in the SPL, but if it's not a gamble financially then I'd like to give him a shot at it. As for the 'player of his calibre' thing, I'd maybe agree if you said stature, but I don't see why we can't bring and haven't already brought even better players to Ibrox

Just to be a pedantic sod (Craig isnt online so I'll do the honours :D;)) A few hundred out of 80000 full San Siro is still less than 1%.

Who said few hundred. Let's get nearer a thousand. So that's over 1% I'll have you know. Anyway, the point is I have known more Milan fans, I suspect, than probably the rest of this forum's members combined, and opinion from the vast majority has been thanks for your time, and goodbye. Gattuso was appreciated as a lionheart but his ability declined rather in recent years, and at 34, he wasn't really up to the rigours of Serie A any longer. Some also absolutely hated him after the Jordan incident. Joe, not Katie Price.

By a mile is a bit optimistic. That's like the assumption from fans that Roy Keane would be a sensation at Parkhead or that Rothen would be an automatic starter and hit at Ibrox.

Gattuso has never been a great midfielder - he's a hassler, a warrior, a battler, someone who will run all day and can snuff out threats. But he has absolutely zero creative ability in him and in well over 300 appearances for Milan only scored 15 times - a woeful return for a midfielder. Alongside a more creative mid he could be terrific as the gritty DM, but that depends on having someone next to him who possesses creative threat. Only guy in there we have for sure is Davis. Ness is an unknown quantity still. Oh, and if we get Gattuso I can't see Edu remaining at Ibrox.