McCoist - We are in talks for return of Gattuso

I do not believe that to be the case, there are so many differences.

fwiw I agree. Cuellar was attached to a club, and injured. We couldn't afford the transfer fee or wages.

Gattuso is a free agent, not injured, and there is no transfer fee. My only concern is the wages. He will need to take a near 90% hit to his old 80k a week rate. But he says it isn't about money, and has certainly made his millions in football, so maybe he's happy to be on a very, very modest wage.

fwiw I agree. Cuellar was attached to a club, and injured. We couldn't afford the transfer fee or wages.

Gattuso is a free agent, not injured, and there is no transfer fee. My only concern is the wages. He will need to take a near 90% hit to his old 80k a week rate. But he says it isn't about money, and has certainly made his millions in football, so maybe he's happy to be on a very, very modest wage.

Agreed mate.

Open To Rino Return

By Andrew Dickson

CHARLES GREEN appears ready to rubber-stamp Rino Gattuso's return to Rangers after meeting with the player's representative Andrea D'Amico yesterday.

The Italian midfielder was a big favourite with Light Blues supporters during his 16-month spell in Scotland in 1997 and 1998, when he made 51 appearances and scored five goals.

Gattuso then moved on to Salernitana and spent less than a year there before being snapped up by seven-time European champions AC Milan.

He has spent the last 13 years with the Rosseneri, during which time the 34-year-old was a Champions League winner and claimed the World Cup with his country in 2006.

Gattuso has made no secret of his desire to return to Glasgow - the home town of his wife Monica - and finish his career at Ibrox.

And Green has hinted it could be possible for a move to bring the combative star back to Gers to go through within the confines of the budget Ally McCoist has to work with.

As things stand, Rangers are not able to sign any players because they are still in administration.

But Green has done little to suggest it would be outwith the realms of possibility to recruit Gattuso again if and when that restriction is lifted.

He told RangersTV.tv: "The SPL can't register any players because we are in administration and the SFA and the club have been in a very public dispute for some time.

"However, the manager has identified a number of people from a playing point of view he would be interested in.

"Gattuso himself came out publicly and said he would love to join Rangers and after the illustrious career he has had in Milan that's great.

"His agent came over and we met with him to explain the difficulties surrounding the club. To me, it's a massive positive he wants to come.

"It's an endorsement that the world's top players would still like to come and play for this club.

"The manager actually played with Gattuso years ago when he was here at the club in the late 1990s.

"From my point of view as CEO, we've sat with Ally and arranged a budget with him and should we be allowed to sign players, he will be able to do so."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2806443

"From my point of view as CEO, we've sat with Ally and arranged a budget with him and should we be allowed to sign players, he will be able to do so."

I guess that settles that then..... ;)