McCoist - We are in talks for return of Gattuso

Who said few hundred. Let's get nearer a thousand. So that's over 1% I'll have you know. Anyway, the point is I have known more Milan fans, I suspect, than probably the rest of this forum's members combined, and opinion from the vast majority has been thanks for your time, and goodbye. Gattuso was appreciated as a lionheart but his ability declined rather in recent years, and at 34, he wasn't really up to the rigours of Serie A any longer. Some also absolutely hated him after the Jordan incident. Joe, not Katie Price.

More importantly, the club obviously thought a lot of him before he featured almost 40 times in a season where they won the league...

More importantly, the club obviously thought a lot of him before he featured almost 40 times in a season where they won the league...

By club you mean Max Allegri. A man who has the support divided down the middle worse than Boyd ever had us. I mean I hope I am not coming across as anti Rino or anything, I actually like him a great deal, I know what he can bring and having met him in his Rangers days I have a very soft spot for him, given also my support for Milan.

But I know what fan opinion generally was of him by those without my tinted specs was, and how often supporters complained when he was in the team. I found it harsh at times, at other times his selection wasn't the best option.

if we get Gattuso I can't see Edu remaining at Ibrox.

Not so sure about that. I never have seen Edu as a defensive mid. I also think both we and Edu himself have failed in his development as a player. If you look at his first season and just beyond, Edu was an exciting player to watch - You don't get the honor of being an outlet for TBB just because your name is a convenient replacement for 'hullo'. He was never the most visionary or the best passer of the ball, but he was a box to box nightmare for the opposition. He's been stifled by our system of play and his confidence to perform to that same level has been stinted, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Whether he could fit into a system that includes Gatusso remains to be seen.

By club you mean Max Allegri. A man who has the support divided down the middle worse than Boyd ever had us. I mean I hope I am not coming across as anti Rino or anything, I actually like him a great deal, I know what he can bring and having met him in his Rangers days I have a very soft spot for him, given also my support for Milan.

But I know what fan opinion generally was of him by those without my tinted specs was, and how often supporters complained when he was in the team. I found it harsh at times, at other times his selection wasn't the best option.

Let's be real here though mate, while Gattuso might not a star of Seria A anymore, we play in a league that is the equivalent of bottom end Italian football. Gattuso was a regular for one of the best teams in Serie A until not so long ago. People keep using the David Weir example, but he was finished in England then strolled through several seasons in Scotland. And Gattuso was a far better player than Weir.

Not so sure about that. I never have seen Edu as a defensive mid. I also think both we and Edu himself have failed in his development as a player. If you look at his first season and just beyond, Edu was an exciting player to watch - You don't get the honor of being an outlet for TBB just because your name is a convenient replacement for 'hullo'. He was never the most visionary or the best passer of the ball, but he was a box to box nightmare for the opposition. He's been stifled by our system of play and his confidence to perform to that same level has been stinted, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Whether he could fit into a system that includes Gatusso remains to be seen.

I don't think the future of Edu is very relevant. He's a very mediocre player.

I don't think the future of Edu is very relevant. He's a very mediocre player.

...continuing to be picked by Klinsmaan in a squad of mediocre players that just humped our National team 5-1.

...continuing to be picked by Klinsmaan in a squad of mediocre players that just humped our National team 5-1.

Can you name 5 current American players off the top of your head without looking it up? Being better than Scotland doesn't mean anything and I really don't think this American squad is full of particularly good talent. According to wikipedia he has only played once for the US this year.

Can you name 5 current American players off the top of your head without looking it up? Being better than Scotland doesn't mean anything and I really don't think this American squad is full of particularly good talent. According to wikipedia he has only played once for the US this year.

How many games have they played this year? Strange because he played against us and then again in the WC qualifier the other night.

Apart from the Gers in the squad ...Dempsey, Donovan, Jones, Boyd, Onyewu.

I'll admit I had to check the spelling of Onyewu :grin:

Being better than Scotland doesn't mean anything

As much as our National squad is poor by our standards, I'm sure there's at least the 160 or so nations below us in the rankings that would beg to differ.