McCoist - We are in talks for return of Gattuso

Let's be real here though mate, while Gattuso might not a star of Seria A anymore, we play in a league that is the equivalent of bottom end Italian football. Gattuso was a regular for one of the best teams in Serie A until not so long ago. People keep using the David Weir example, but he was finished in England then strolled through several seasons in Scotland. And Gattuso was a far better player than Weir.

I consider the SPL the warts up the anus of the football world. Horrible league. Rino would stroll it. I was only stating Milan supporters' perception of him.

Can you name 5 current American players off the top of your head without looking it up? Being better than Scotland doesn't mean anything and I really don't think this American squad is full of particularly good talent. According to wikipedia he has only played once for the US this year.

Dempsey, Donovan, Edu, Bocanegra, Onyewu, Howard, Friedel, possibly McBride if he still plays. Not Brazil quality but not exactly awful. And yes, that was without me looking it up!

Boyd? Onyewu is a sub for Sporting Lisbon

Yes that's the same Terrence Boyd that the Fox Sports commentators wouldn't shut up about the other week. Appears that Klinsmaan really rates him.

As for Onyewu, you don't get signed by AC Milan as an established pro unless you've got something to show for it. In fact he was a standout in the 2009 Confederations cup. Granted, he didn't make any impression at all at Milan, largely thanks to a serious knee injury that resulted in him agreeing to have his contract extended by a year with no salary. Then Sporting signed him. Limited ability and sub or not, it's a better CV than most players we could attract

Yes that's the same Terrence Boyd that the Fox Sports commentators wouldn't shut up about the other week. Appears that Klinsmaan really rates him.

As for Onyewu, you don't get signed by AC Milan as an established pro unless you've got something to show for it. In fact he was a standout in the 2009 Confederations cup. Granted, he didn't make any impression at all at Milan, largely thanks to a serious knee injury that resulted in him agreeing to have his contract extended by a year with no salary. Then Sporting signed him. Limited ability and sub or not, it's a better CV than most players we could attract

I'll be honest, watched him at Milan and he was absolutely hideous, couldn't handle it. Outstanding though at the Confeds, real stand out hence his signing for the Rossoneri. Sadly that one just did not work out.

You could include junior level and womens teams if you want to make it even more flattering.

Amongst those 160 or so nations are Northern Ireland who are 80 odd places below us and we've got 6 of their players in our squad ...OK make that 4 if you want to nitpick.

Edited by UCF2008

Can you name 5 current American players off the top of your head without looking it up? Being better than Scotland doesn't mean anything and I really don't think this American squad is full of particularly good talent. According to wikipedia he has only played once for the US this year.

After seeing the last Scotland squad Im struggling to name 5 who was in that!!!