Rangers â?? The Fight Continues

Get it right up you. I was at Ibrox for every game last season and paid my dues. I was only stating we should go the the bottom divesion and start again and you picked up on 5 words in my statement you smart arse and have started everyone else jumping on board. I have only just joined this site and wont be bac

Frankie you Moron

I agree with you about one thing you've said - that you won't be back! :tu::hammer:

You're taking my analogy to an unnecessary detail. It works on every level. Maybe Halfords is a bad example as I actually have a Boardman Team Carbon road bike from there. There's no competitions for potholed roads but if you want to talk off-road, lets compare a top end mountain bike with a dirt cheap £300 bike. Whatever the game, the best equipment helps. You're argument is a bit like arguing that you don't need top sportsmen to win the league as a bunch of top swimmers have no chance of winning at football.

My point is that you wouldn't sell yourself short, why sell your football team short - unless you have no real affection for it?

So you're saying we should just become another div 3 team? I don't get you.

What I'm saying is that fans need to think of the club and realise they need a decent budget to fly up the leagues. Pay peanuts and you'll get monkeys. You seem to be saying that we should just get used to being in the lower leagues. I disagree.

You need to find out what budget you have and spend it on the best you can get. That budget mostly depends on the loyalty of our fans - how much they will pay and how many will turn up. I sometimes get the impression that "loyal" is a meaningless word in Rangers circles even though many supporters clubs have it in their name.

I'd rather just bulldoze my way up the leagues with a far superior team due to 40k fans paying a decent amount for their tickets. Depends on the loyalty again.

1-What's the Boardman like? I assumed it was just a crappy BSO with Boardman's name on it to shift units.

2-'dirt cheap' £300 bike? God, I'm poor.

3- AMMS ain't suggesting we send out 11 mugs recruited from the juniors, he's saying we can win D3 without hiring and paying SPL standard players.

I may be a moron but I'm a handsome one. :cool:

Bluedell agreed.... not sure if he agrees that you are a moron or that you are handsome... the former is disturbing.

Did you say you were a liar too ? :fish:

3- AMMS ain't suggesting we send out 11 mugs recruited from the juniors, he's saying we can win D3 without hiring and paying SPL standard players.

I would agree with this.

If it is to be Div 3 we should be able to spend more than any of the other teams because our income will STILL be higher than any of those other teams. So we should be able to attract a better standard of player. Which should, all things being equal, mean we should gain promotion.

Div 3 would be an opportunity because the income streams should be reasonable (if you get the fans to stay loyal and, as Bluedell says he will do, renew ST's for Div 3) which should be enough to gain promotion whilst, at the same time, banking excess cash for when we get back to the SPL.

In Div 3 we shouldnt be retaining SPL players because we will need to pay them more - when we get back to the SPL we will absolutely need to spend a large chunk of money to immediately challenge, which means we should be budgeting for a "SPL Return fund" such that we can bring in that standard of player when they are needed. And SPL players really arent needed for Div 3.

Good read Frankie.

Renewal form is in, the DD has appeared on my online banking, I will renew......in time. Sitting on the boat with a cold pint on a cold Saturday morning as I head to Ibrox is one great day out.

My honest opinion is that Green will takeover and create a share issue. D&P can't be that bad they haven't seen absolute proof of funding? Though, things seem to change daily in this mess.