From a SPL Board Member

Thinking doesn't come into it, Jim. It's their chance to give us a kicking, which many have been waiting for since their own success stopped shortly after the 1950s.

I don't even mind that, it's the dressing it up as integrity that gets on my tits.

This must be an absolute nightmare for the chairmen of these clubs. Their fans are screaming for us to be kicked out and the chairmen probably want that too but they know if they vote like that, its basically condemning their clubs to be in administration before the seasons out. You couldn't make it up! It's only a matter of time before they are needing our help again and I hope we remember how they treated us.

We'd end up that way if we ended up back in their league with 5m sanctions up our arse anyway.

I think the only sanction they would put on it relegation, anything more would be extremely severe.

However they may do a "Leeds" relegate us and deduct 10/20 points so its harder for us to win promotion...

I know it's not going to happen, but I really hope we've exhausted the possibilities of moving down south, even to the conference.

ps - I still don't understand how we can end up in Division 1. The SPL don't have that authority, and the SFL have said if we apply we'd need to go into Div 3?

pps - If we go to the SFL will season ticket prices be revised, and how will we get an entire new team in given most players will have relegation release clauses.

Edited by bigy

I know it's not going to happen, but I really hope we've exhausted the possibilities of moving down south, even to the conference.

ps - I still don't understand how we can end up in Division 1. The SPL don't have that authority, and the SFL have said if we apply we'd need to go into Div 3?

pps - If we go to the SFL will season ticket prices be revised, and how will we get an entire new team in given most players will have relegation release clauses.

SPL could in theory accept our application to the SPL, however decide to relegate us retrospectively.

SPL could in theory accept our application to the SPL, however decide to relegate us retrospectively.

On what grounds? We've had our points penalty. Can't see that happening and can't see the SFA or SFL accepting it. If we apply to the SFL we go to the 3rd Division, they've made that clear.