Recollections

From the tender age of 8 years old, it's easy to recall,

The day my brother set me on the Ibrox terrace wall,

Wearing my first Rangers scarf, bright red and white and blue,

That day will live until I die and I'll follow the flag of blue.

Since then I followed the Teddy Bears, all around the world.

The greatest sides I can recall, that league flag being unfurled.

It flew above the Ibrox stand, for every fan to view,

Below there stood proud legions who all wore red, white and blue.

Each time I walk down Copland road that memory I recall,

There's Millar, Brand, McMillan too, Telfer and McColl,

Shearer, Scott and Stevenson, goalkeeper Georgie Niven,

Young captain Eric Caldow, Davie Wilson now re-liven.

Sitting there upon the wall I saw the flag unfurled,

Above the famous Rangers team, the finest in the world,

My heart aglow at Rangers' show, a vision in my view,

Before my eyes with banners high Glaswegians wearing blue.

Around the ground the Bears all sang, so play before them flew,

As Rangers ran around the park, the legions stood salute.

I thanked my brother many times for taking me that day,

Way down along the Copland Road to see the Rangers play,

Down along the Copland Road to see the Rangers play.

Bought the MC with that song in the late 1980s and for some reason, the tune stuck with me all day. Those heroes sung about here were legends way before my time and I assume we all have our own to include in the list. I just hope the support remembers who we are, what we are, and we all will see this great club through these next difficult years.

i remember going to ibrox an the trolley bus from bridgeton cross in the mid fifties i would be about seven years old my mother & father had no idea were i was anyway being young i got a lift over and the small ammount of money i had about a tanner i spent on mb bars and chewing gum forgetting to keep the fare home i had to walk all the way back to bridgeton in the pouring rain mother was angry father said thats ma boy .

Good old days foggy,we were a bit posher.We went by coach from Renfrew to Ibrox.

Remember one year (forget which) a double deck bus was sent.It was the old GCorp.colour of Green & yellow.

Everybody refused to get on so they sent another bus,Burgundy colour. Great Days. :rfcbouncy::drink:

i remember leaving glasgow at seven on a saturday morning to go to aberdeen roads were poor in those days dundee and perth were also good place to visit plenty of good pubs and laughs there didnt seem to be the animosity between fans back in the sixties and early seventies maybe i'am getting old now .

i remeber taking a day of school to go to a cup replay and the next day giving the teacher a note and he came up to me bent over the desk in fearsome fashion and whisperd i hope youve got me a programme boy .

and he came up to me bent over the desk in fearsome fashion and whisperd i hope youve got me a programme boy .

You'll have to forgive my dirty, immature mind....where did he want you to stick the programme?

"Are we the oldest people on this site that can remember those days ?"

Naw. I'm just a young lad. Ma faither tellt me aboot them. (Ahem)

Johnnie Little - another unsung hero. And Willie Rae. Imagine being understudy to Sammy Cox, but he never let Rangers down.

Incidentally, I essentially join the legions when McCoist signed up. "Joined" from behind the Iron Curtain, listening to the German version of the BBC World Service each Saturday evening from 7.36 pm (German time) onwards. A wee bit later I noted that they actually had the Saturday afternoon football ive programme with Paddy Feeney as presenter and sometimes snippet of Bob Crampsie (sp?) et al. So I'm of the Dawson, Paterson, Iain Ferguson, McKinnon, Cooper and Prytz era, when it comes to "starters". My unsung hero at the time was Stuart Munro.