Just a replica of a thread I started on RM.

Personally it's actually starting to scare me how many of our fans (hopefully not a majority, not as much on here either) seem to be going for the idea of giving up playing football for the sake of fighting against sanctions.

No licence to play football next season kills us, end of. It is not a 'year out' like some student taking a gap year, the club could not survive paying staff and maintaining Ibrox, Murray Park and all that comes with them, even youth players aren't going to fancy staying and how the hell could you pay them anyway? Even if some fans were willing to pay season ticket money (and you can't really expect folk to do that) there's no way it would be near enough, you'd need somebody with billions to piss away.

The titles issue is out of our hands at the end of the day, if we die while protesting over the possibility of losing trophies then they'd still be able to revoke honours if they deem it correct, not like we need to be around for the record books to change, so what the hell is the point? Surely if the worst does happen with that the best revenge is to win more titles? Like Juventus we can even keep the club stance of them being won on the pitch.

For all Ally's been saying which I enjoyed, I doubt he wants Rangers to be doing anything other than playing football next season. If an agreement of some kind isn't reached then we're done, too late in the day to even get special dispensation for the English lower leagues or something.

The primary focus right now should be getting the license transferred over. If that means conceding to certain sanctions, then so be it. It is better to have a club that is handicapped by temporary sanctions than have no club at all.

While I do agree that the club needs to stand firm, and argue it's case.....I also believe that there will need to be some give & take, and some ground will need to be given.

The primary focus right now should be getting the license transferred over. If that means conceding to certain sanctions, then so be it. It is better to have a club that is handicapped by temporary sanctions than have no club at all.

While I do agree that the club needs to stand firm, and argue it's case.....I also believe that there will need to be some give & take, and some ground will need to be given.

If a CVA had happened we'd be in a much better position to fight all this, sadly it didn't.

it could be te making of us.

50k fans put in 500 quid that year. we buy the club for 15 million and have 10 to invest in working capital.

same money but we buy the stadium for 5 and add 20k seats while its not being used for a year.

or we go south and in a decade we are in the epl.

we only die if people surrender.

50k fans put in 500 quid that year. we buy the club for 15 million and have 10 to invest in working capital.

same money but we buy the stadium for 5 and add 20k seats while its not being used for a year.

How many folk can afford to throw away that money on nothing? It seems a bit much to expect.

How many folk can afford to throw away that money on nothing? It seems a bit much to expect.

no season books. no away days. no euro trips.

i'd contest the throw it away on nothing part as well. in the first two scenarios you own something for a start and it is rangers not nothing.

Edited by the gunslinger

your best post. ever.

imagine coming back with a bigger stadium than the micks. hahaha that would be incredible

your best post. ever.

imagine coming back with a bigger stadium than the micks. hahaha that would be incredible

now imagine it in conjunction with the other 2. a rangers owned by the fans in the epl with 70 or 80k seats.

a year out could be the best thing ever to happen to us.

now imagine it in conjunction with the other 2. a rangers owned by the fans in the epl with 70 or 80k seats.

a year out could be the best thing ever to happen to us.

you been drinking? Looks like you believe in a good fairytale, no chance in hell any of that would happen. I suppose you can dream though :)