unashamed copy of FF post re the club

Guest Stan Smith

Guest Stan Smith

I make no apoligies for requoting this great post from the Gub on FF. There may be many detractors of the way demonstrations are handled etc, and there is a fairly wide held belief that dismisses any kind of protest as the work of cranks, FF radicals etc etc.

The fact is, it isnt. The following gives, for me, a perfectly correct valid and true summation of the last few weeks of the way the club has handled some affairs. It doesnt include the lack of defence of the support or the club from paper attacks (like the Papish Nazi park invader etc) but gives a flavour.

It is based on facts and facts alone. People need to understand that these "cranks" that have been subjected to all sorts over the last few weeks, have been living and breathing these facts for quite a while...anyway, enough rambling from me...

"How much lower can we actually go?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say the last fortnight following the fortunes of our club has been something of a trial is to understate the point.

First off a yahoo scumbag with a Hitler Youth t-shirt was allowed to run some 100 yards from his seat in the East Enclosure to the goal at the Broomloan end without so much as a ââ?¬Ë?Hey were do you think youââ?¬â?¢re going sunshine.ââ?¬â?¢ If nothing else it does highlight the quality of our security and the hired goon in charge of it.

Then there was a defeat to the crap at the bottom of the table after getting a goal of a start. And of course the first time in our 134 year history that a side from a lower division knocked us out of a cup competition at home. Ouch, ouch and thrice ouch.

However that is the good bits.

Last Monday I was informed of the death of Bobby Shearer, a Rangers great. A true blue, 100% died, in the wool Ranger and lifelong bluenose.

Sad as Mr Shearerââ?¬â?¢s passing was, it was common knowledge that he had been ill for a time. The people running our club however took a sad song and made it worse, much much worse. They caved in to west of Scotland yahooery and told us that there would be a minuteââ?¬â?¢s ââ?¬Ë?applauseââ?¬â?¢ at Ibrox before the League Cup tie that (last) Wednesday. Truly nauseating; ONE-HUNDRED AND THIRTY-FOUR years of tradition wiped out in a heartbeat.

Itââ?¬â?¢s the way of the world the club told fans who mailed or phoned up to complain. One Rangers fan I know was told ON the Monday afternoon by a club spokesman after complaining, that the club came to the decision of a minuteââ?¬â?¢s applause after consulting with a few ââ?¬Ë?former captains.ââ?¬â?¢ How do I know this? Well, because I was in his company and he was actually on the phone and I saw his reaction as the conversation ended.

Another good Rangers fan and respected poster I know got a hold of Sandy Jardine again on the Monday afternoon and was told by our former player that ââ?¬Ë?Traditions changeââ?¬â?¢. That is TWO different reasons/excuses given by the club on the same day.

I have saved the worst for last. Again last Monday afternoon, another well kent and respected Rangers fan on this site got through to Sandy Jardine and he was told that the reason that there would not be a minute�s silence was because (wait till you hear this one) Rangers fans reacted badly to Aberdeen fans when they booed the minute�s silence for George Young at Ibrox back in January 1997.

Rangers fans reacting badly to the actions of a motley shower of filth is the reason why the club were going to have a minute�s applause for Bobby Shearer? You just couldn�t make it up.

Not only was this excuse beyond the pale, it was lies pure and simple. If Rangers fans reacting to Dolly was a catalyst within the club back in 1997 to change our stance on minute�s silences, then

Why a minute�s silence for Diana later in 1997?

Why a minute�s silence for the victims of Omagh in 1998?

Why a minute�s silence for Jim Baxter in 2001?

Why a minute�s silence for the victims of 9/11, also in 2001?

Why a minute�s silence for Bobby Murdoch on 2002?

How many lies did we get last Monday?

1 ââ?¬â?? The former captains made the decision.

2 ââ?¬â?? Traditions change and aââ?¬â?¢ that

3 ââ?¬â?? It was Rangers fans fault for being unchuffed with Dolly

Does anyone still want to argue that the minuteââ?¬â?¢s applause for Bobby Shearer was at the ââ?¬Ë?behestââ?¬â?¢ of his family?

Last week, the club I love hit the gutter and looking up at the stars was and is not on the agenda.

Let�s see now;

Manipulating a family in mourning to make sure the management�s pathetic cop out regards a minute�s applause was bulldozed through last Wednesday

The club�s official website praising fans that were happy to wreak violence on fellow Rangers fans on Saturday

The worst part of all of course is that there will be Rangers fans on here reading this that would rather wish and hope I was telling lies rather than confront the awful truth as to the levels David Murray and the incompetent shower of ne'erdowells he employs at Ibrox are dragging us down to.

Yours,

With a heavy, heavy heart."

Mate, as usual, The-Gub makes many valid points and it's difficult to argue with his conclusions.

However, what we also have to be aware of is that only 20 people turned up to protest last week so the number of bears in receipt of the negative facts surrounding the club and it's regime is extremely minimal.

Supporter apathy is as big as (if not bigger) than the problems we face with the current administration.

Guest Stan Smith
Mate, as usual, The-Gub makes many valid points and it's difficult to argue with his conclusions.

However, what we also have to be aware of is that only 20 people turned up to protest last week so the number of bears in receipt of the negative facts surrounding the club and it's regime is extremely minimal.

Supporter apathy is as big as (if not bigger) than the problems we face with the current administration.

100% spot on frankie, and, if you'll forgive me, one of the contrubuting factors to me starting to contribute to this (fine!) board is my missionary work also! :thup:

We need to spread the word of the lord! (or the truth as it is known in other circles)

Indeed. Keep up the good work mate...

There are plenty forums out there that need to have more balance put into them with regard to certain issues at the club.

Murray, Bain, Le Guen, the players all take valid criticism but sometimes the fans have to look at their roles and responsibilities in our club's future. We're not as perfect as we'd like to think.

Which is why leadership right now is ever more important. In every department I mentioned above.

Guest Stan Smith
Indeed. Keep up the good work mate...

There are plenty forums out there that need to have more balance put into them with regard to certain issues at the club.

Murray, Bain, Le Guen, the players all take valid criticism but sometimes the fans have to look at their roles and responsibilities in our club's future. We're not as perfect as we'd like to think.

Which is why leadership right now is ever more important. In every department I mentioned above.

I should have added "and all smokers are p00fs" and got more of a response! :thup::D

excellent post. very hard to disagree with anything there.

like frankie says though - its my apathy, fans like me (i'm just being honest) who will end up heading for the subway rather than protest. i feel like i've done my bit when i join the rst. but its not enough.

there's much to be done if we are to re-assert ourselves as a top club, and it starts with each of us as individuals.

I should have added "and all smokers are p00fs" and got more of a response! :thup::D

dunno about poofs, but they're definitely fags....

..... i'll get my coat. ;)