Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

RANGERS have offered freed Bayern Munich goalkeeper Rouven Sattelmaier the chance of a move to Ibrox.

The 25-year-old German, who will take in this evening’s Ramsdens Cup second round clash with Falkirk, has arrived at Murray Park on trial as Maurice Edu and Dorin Goian move closer to the exit door.

Express Sport understands Swiss side Sion are considering another raid on Rangers for Romanian international Goian after landing Kyle Lafferty over the summer.

Italian Serie B side Spezia are also interested in 31-year-old centre-back Goian.

Championship sides Ipswich Town and Hull City will put together £400,000 deals for wantaway Edu, although the 26-year-old American is reluctant to move to England’s second tier and is waiting to see what options arise before the end of the month.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist, meanwhile, has decided to run the rule over Sattelmaier, who spent three seasons at Bayern Munich, as he looks to find a challenger to Neil Alexander for the No 1 spot at Ibrox. McCoist is also set to make 21-year-old Sebastien Faure the sixth signing of his rebuilding job at Rangers.

Nothing’s been agreed yet, but we’d like to take that forward

Ally McCoist

The French Under-20 international defender has impressed the Gers boss during a trial run and talks are set to open with the player’s representatives.

The Rangers manager has already signed Ian Black, Kevin Kyle, Dean Shiels, Francisco Sandaza and Emilson Cribari as he strives to strengthen his squad before their 12-month transfer ban kicks in on Saturday, September 1.

Additionally, McCoist and his coaching staff are continuing to monitor Greek defender Anestis Argyriou, Argentinian midfielder Francesco Celeste and Australian midfielder Francesco Stella, who have recently been training at

SEARCH FOOTBALL for:

Murray Park.

McCoist said: “We’re hopefully going to have talks with Sebastien’s agent.

“Nothing’s been agreed yet, but we’d like to take that forward.

“The other lads, we are monitoring.

“Hopefully, in the next two or three days we will have more news with one or two signings.”

I know it's a long way from the Kudamm to Bavaria, dB, but do you know anything of Sattelmaier? Anyone remember another German goalie with a similar name? 10 Gersnet points and a coupon valid for a look at my hairy back to the winner!

Well, he was 3rd choice at Bayern, hence we have next to no info on him either. But rest assured, anyone who gets signed up by Bayern for that position (given the standards they are looking for (Kahn, Neuer) knows his job. Would sure be a good addition.

Rangers defender Dorin Goian has ruled out a switch to Italian Serie B side Spezia as he is happy playing for a famous club.

A host of players have left Ibrox during a turbulent summer and speculation has suggested there could be further departures before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

Goianspacer.gif has been linked with a move elsewhere but he maintains that he has no interest in joining Spezia.

He told the Daily Record: "I cannot leave Rangersspacer.gif for Spezia. Even though we're in the bottom tier I am still playing for a world-famous team."

Goian has been surprised and impressed by the fitness levels of the players at other clubs in the Scottish Third Division, having expected Rangers to find life much easier.

"Before we started in this league I thought we'd be playing against fat amateurs. "

Dorin Goian Quotes of the week

He explained: "Before we started in this league I thought we'd be playing against fat amateurs.

"But I've encountered many good, young players. Even if they don't quite have the qualities to make it they're hard working."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/8007217

FAURE signed!

RANGERS have made their sixth new signing of the summer after French defender Sebastien Faure joined the club on a three-year deal subject to international clearance.

The former Lyon centre half arrives at Ibrox as a free agent after spending much of the last fortnight training with Ally McCoist’s squad.

It's quite cool to switch on twitter and within seconds you get such good news!