Goalie time wasting rules ?

Watching the USA v Canada ladies yesterday,and the ref gives a indirect free kick

inside the box for the goalie exceeding the six second allowed for the goalie to get rid of the ball.(a goal was scored from this decision)

My question is,can this decision be made

without a previous warning? I always thought it was a warning,then a yellow card,I'm

trying hard to remember an occasion like this happening watching The Rangers,and I have

been watching them for fifty odd years.

Watching the USA v Canada ladies yesterday,and the ref gives a indirect free kick

inside the box for the goalie exceeding the six second allowed for the goalie to get rid of the ball.(a goal was scored from this decision)

My question is,can this decision be made

without a previous warning? I always thought it was a warning,then a yellow card,I'm

trying hard to remember an occasion like this happening watching The Rangers,and I have

been watching them for fifty odd years.

If i'm not wrong, Stefan Klos was penalised for this (european match???) resulting in a goal against us, could be wrong though.

The ref doesn't need to give a warning but they should remain consistant, pretty easy rule to enforce.

well the rules only about 10 years old and no warnings need to be given.

its a rule that's largely ignored mind you.

I'm totally pissed off,that decision robbed Canada the chance of going for the gold,and to rub salt in the wound,when the Canadian

captain approached the ref to ask her to explain her decision,the ref just "giggled", turned and walked away.

The yellow card for time wasting will be at goal kicks, don't think there is a set time limit for them. The six second rule is for when the goalie catches it in open play. Only remember setting Celtic get awarded this in any meaningful game...