Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

In a word, NO.

Ally is and will always be my fav Rangers player of all time but as a manager he has been a joke.

What people seem to forget is how and when he was appointed. He was appointed 6 months in advance of the sale of the club because simple he would have been out the door otherwise.

I get that people love him for what he has done as a player but nobody can say he has done anything as a manager and yesterday was a joke.

Edited by CumbernauldGers

In a word, NO.

Ally is and will always be my fav Rangers player of all time but as a manager he has been a joke.

What people seem to forget is how and when he was appointed. He was never appointed 6 months in advance of the sale of the club because simple he would have been out the door otherwise.

I get that people love him for what he has done as a player but nobody can say he has done anything as a manager and yesterday was a joke.

wholeheartedly agree. however we have the luxury of time and super deserves time to prove himself.

whether he will is highly debatable mind you.

At various points , in my Rangers life , Jock Wallace was the man then he wasn't , John Greig was the man then he wasn,t ,Souness definetly was then went to Liverpool and he definetly wasnt , Walter then became the man won nine in a row and he most definetly was the man but lost the 10th and wasnt any more , Advocatt was the foreign man then went mental and wasnt , big eck arrived turned them around , cup double and he was the man but as sure as night follows day he wasnt any more , the cry went out fo Wattie and he came bback and was the man again and when he left he was still the man , Ally took over and was briefly the man but the club, due to the actions of Murray and Whyte , imploded , Ally didnt walk away and not only was he the man but a legend to boot , the man who held the club together , the link to the support that could never be snapped , but he drew with Peterhead .

I hate how people keep saying we have time because were in Div3. We dont and we should not be wasteing it with the manager and so called coaches we have at the moment.

It's prob too late now with the transfer ban, so 3 more years of utter pish football, no progress will be made and when we get back to the SPL we will start it all over again.

we do have time though. its silly to say otherwise. I could win the sfl.

super finished second in the SPL last year. its not like he's utterly disastrous just perhaps not good enough.

put yourself forward then, sorry but i really laugh at people who claim they could do better than people in these jobs, c'mon really it's not FM2012.....

put yourself forward then, sorry but i really laugh at people who claim they could do better than people in these jobs, c'mon really it's not FM2012.....

I don't claim to be better than ally but I guarantee I could win the 3rd with rangers.