papering over cracks

I just cant understand why Ally would drop Hutton and play McCulloch in midfield?

First, because we apparently have told Hutton to go. Second ... to have a holding midfield player which allows Macleod, Black, and McKay to attack ... while occasionally having a go too. Third, because Ally loves to annoy the McCulloch bashers.

As of you other statement ... I've been watching football since the mid-80s and have seen various tactics employed by various teams against various opposition. If you think a 4-4-2 is cool, so be it. I deem a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 at home against a weak team decent enough, especially if it can easily turn into a 2-5-3 as well. Broadfoot was always attacking, unless I am mistaken? Can you get more offensive than that?

Edited by der Berliner

disappointed to see McKay dropped and the dross from last week retai.ed but its what I expected.

that said it was never a pen and we romped it while playing pretty well. I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

That's much more critical of Ally than I would expect from you GS?

Guest Bluenose80
I just cant understand why Ally would drop Hutton and play McCulloch in midfield?
McCulloch's his mate Hutton isn't thats all there is to it.

McCulloch has never been a good player in any position and the older he gets the worse it gets. He was much improved as a striker in the latter part of the season but he still only amassed 4 SPL goals all season which is pathetic.

I used to think Lovenkrands was a waste of a jersey more often than not at left wing until I saw McCulloch played there.

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

First, because we apparently have told Hutton to go. Second ... to have a holding midfield player which allows Macleaod, Black, and McKay to attack ... while occasionally having a go too. Third, because Ally loves to annoy the McCulloch bashers.

McCulloch is not and never will be a holding midfield player. Hutton is.

Things like backing McCulloch over Hutton shows Ally will never be a manager or coach.

huttons less mobile than jig with a worse first touch.

I wouldn't play either in midfield tbh.

I dont normally bother with your post's mate but that has to be some of the worst stuff you have come away with for a while. Hutton is not that good but to say he is slower and has a worst touch than McCulloch is not right.