papering over cracks

A good win, very very slow to get going and the defence still looks a shambles. A word of caution that was the worst team in Scotland they would struggle in most Junior leagues and for a lot of that game I didn't see the gulf in class that should've been so obvious in fact they outplayed us for spells.

Do I think Ally is the man to take us back to the top I dont think so, he will get back to the SPL but that's no great achievement with the standard of football on display in Scotland.

Do I think he will win us a SPL title, not a chance.

Edited by GovanAllan

A good win, very very slow to get going and the defence still looks a shambles. A word of caution that was the worst team in Scotland they would struggle in most Junior leagues and for a lot of that game I didn't see the gulf in class that should've been so obvious in fact they outplayed us for spells.

Do I think Ally is the man to take us back to the top I dont think so, he will get back to the SPL but that's no great achievement with the standard of football on display in Scotland.

Do I think he will win us a SPL title, not a chance.

I'm confused about your post. ES would struggle in a junior league AND out-played Rangers? Which is it? Or are Rangers worse than a Junior team?

How do you KNOW the first assertion anyway? Why don't these Junior players play in the SFL or even the SPL? No ambition? Should we sign Junior league players as they are better than ours?

I really don't get your logic.

I'm confused about your post. ES would struggle in a junior league AND out-played Rangers? Which is it? Or are Rangers worse than a Junior team?

How do you KNOW the first assertion anyway? Why don't these Junior players play in the SFL or even the SPL? No ambition? Should we sign Junior league players as they are better than ours?

I really don't get your logic.

The point I'm trying to make and your not getting is ES are a level below the best Junior teams imo, and we struggled for spells to match their workrate and passing, so 5-1 in the end was a good win but dont be fooled that we actually blew them off the pitch.

I don't think I nodded of yesterday, and at no point did ES outplay Rangers. For periods, especially early, we struggled to link up between midfield and attack, and some of the distribution was mince, but we were never outplayed. That's ludicrous to say.

If I have said anything offensive or incorrect I will happily defend my corner. As far as Kuznetsov and Cumbernauld are concerned, I'm to see anything they have said which an objective person would disagree with.

It's not a question of being offensive or incorrect. There's a level of debate on Gersnet which is the reason most of us are here; articulate and interesting. I don't see why it should be dragged down into the same old 'aye it is! naw it isny!' rubbish you can get anywhere.

There's no way to skate around the point without sounding elitist, coz that's what it is. But I can't see anything wrong with wanting Gersnet to be the elite Rangers site.

Do we really need to do more than win by four goals to be convincing? I didn't see the game but heard we also hit the woodwork twice and had plenty more chances. As a sport I don't think football would be very interesting if 11 guys couldn't get even a bit of the play against a team of 11 better players. In tennis most wouldn't criticise Andy Murray for losing a few games in a straight set victory against the 60th seed in the first round, or expect him to dominate every, single point.

Edited by calscot

Do we really need to do more than win by four goals to be convincing? I didn't see the game but heard we also hit the woodwork twice and had plenty more chances. As a sport I don't think football would be very interesting if 11 guys couldn't get even a bit of the play against a team of 11 better players. In tennis most wouldn't criticise Andy Murray for losing a few games in a straight set victory against the 60th seed in the first round, or expect him to dominate every, single point.

Black hit the bar with a 25 yarder and the post, later, with an Ian Ferguson like effort from the edge of the box. There were three disallowed goals for offiside, while Sandaza missed one glorious chance, one good chance and one half chance. Little also missed two good chances, while Goian headed over a decent chance from a corner first half. Perfect finishing and you'd have been looking at 13-1 plus three offsides, and that's just the ones I can recall. Having said which, it was good to see ES try to pass out of defence before their legs went and they, understandably, resorted to punting it away.

I find that quote probably the most pathetic and maybe even childish comment I've read on this site..

I find Ally acceptable as Manager and I think McCulloch should be in our starting 11 this season. I had a great day at Ibrox today, I enjoyed the atmosphere , and was happy with the performance. Most people around me seemed of the same opinion. Does that make me less of a Rangers supporter than you ?

Should I not call myself a Rangers fan ?

The baiting of people on here who want to support Ally and the team is disappointing.

Well as i said before i find that very sad that some of our fans think that this is ok and a level that we should accept.

It's not a question of being offensive or incorrect. There's a level of debate on Gersnet which is the reason most of us are here; articulate and interesting. I don't see why it should be dragged down into the same old 'aye it is! naw it isny!' rubbish you can get anywhere.

But this is the problem we have on this site mate.

If you dont agree Ally is the man and that certain players are the best then you get all sort of rubbish thrown at you, even when you point out the facts on what has happened from day 1 with Ally as the boss. This site is not the elite it thinks it is, it's a good site but people are kidding themself on here. On certain subjets it's no better than ff.

What seems to have happened here is you can only discuss Ally and players like McCulloch if you have blind faith and dont want to talk about the real world.

What seems to have happened here is you can only discuss Ally and players like McCulloch if you have blind faith and dont want to talk about the real world.

Maybe you simply do not realize that you condescendingly talk about posters who simply have another opinion? Just read that posting of yours again and try telling me or us how to objectively debate this? It is constant one-way traffic from you and if someone tends to disagree, he gets a label, has blind-faith, doesn't life in a real world or indeed thinks of posting in an elite board. What are you talking about?