papering over cracks

It was refreshing to see the ES players out there trying their best for the love of the game. There were a few tasty challenges flying about and the ES players just got up and got on with it.

Got to say, I don't post that often on here and like to just read opinions sometimes but this could easily be the most pathetic thread I've seen so far.

I'm far from convinced about McCoist's credentials as manager and yes, you could disect yesterday's performances from a team or individual persepctive and make criticisms. However, we won easy, scored a number of good goals and could have scored 10+ goals. Can we not just enjoy that for one night or are certain of our fans more happy when we're struggling?

Stupid question eh? This is the Rangers support.

]Maybe you simply do not realize that you condescendingly talk about posters [/b]who simply have another opinion? Just read that posting of yours again and try telling me or us how to objectively debate this? It is constant one-way traffic from you and if someone tends to disagree' date=' he gets a label, has blind-faith, doesn't life in a real world or indeed thinks of posting in an elite board. What are you talking about?[/quote']

Mate i was going to come on here and post something alone the lines that we should all get on but i cant after reading this bold text. Your either at it or trolling to try and get me banned. To say pot and kettle for you is an understanment, i really think you have shown your true side.

At least i get a good laugh at your attemts to wind me up, must try harder.

As much as the game is about opinions, I wish people would give the team and the manager a chance for goodness sakes. I am also unsure about McCoist as a manager (long term) but after the 6 months we've had we have to take each game as it comes and give the team a chance to develope. We are playing with a mixture of youngsters, new signings and players that are looking to leave and we need to see how the team settles after the window closes. Yesterday was not just about winning. It was about creating a positive day in our recenet turbulent existence and we need to build on it and keep building and moving forward

It's not a question of being offensive or incorrect. There's a level of debate on Gersnet which is the reason most of us are here; articulate and interesting. I don't see why it should be dragged down into the same old 'aye it is! naw it isny!' rubbish you can get anywhere.

But this is the problem we have on this site mate.

If you dont agree Ally is the man and that certain players are the best then you get all sort of rubbish thrown at you, even when you point out the facts on what has happened from day 1 with Ally as the boss. This site is not the elite it thinks it is, it's a good site but people are kidding themself on here. On certain subjets it's no better than ff.

What seems to have happened here is you can only discuss Ally and players like McCulloch if you have blind faith and dont want to talk about the real world.

Not so, not so at all. I don't disagree with technical criticisms of Ally all that much, but some go too far. Look at the way he was talking about McKay yesterday, it shows you how the kid is being coached and how he is responding. But mostly it is just support for a man trying to keep our club alive; you wouldn't march into a critically ill loved one's hospital room and start complaining about the curtains.

Maybe Gersnet is not elite, but it's certainly polite, and I value that highly.

for the first time yesterday I heard ally actually sound like a football manager. talking about ball retention and decision making.

I still don't like 3 at the back. its wrong defensively and seeing one of out ch having to play like a right winger just shows how wrong it was.

Folks,

Just so that you know: CumbernauldGers is no longer a member of the forum.

Anyone who reads the forum regularly will know exactly why this has happened and if anyone would like to comment on the matter or question the matter please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks to you all for helping make Gersnet a great wee forum.

Cheers!