Falkirk 0 - 1 Rangers (FT)

Looking back.... if you remember right, Hutton was supposed to be heading south of the border on loan at the end of the transfer window last summer and there was supposedly a cock up with the paperwork not going through on time for the loan moves for himself and Fleck.

Hutton then ended up going out on loan to Partick and must have impressed people over there because he had started and played the full 90 mins in about 15 or 16 games by mid December before that loan spell came to an end. Without going into the rumours about him being their best player and stuff like that, he certainly kept his place in the squad, that's for sure.

Then he came back to us and for some reason was sent out on loan again, this time to Dunfermline where he only got 7 starts, partly due to picking up an injury.

I think it's fair to assume that he wasn't too chuffed about being shipped about on loan, but at the same time maybe he was cool with it and happy just to play football?

I've seen mixed things from him when he's played for us because at times he's looked VERY good and at others not so good, but I think we could say that about players we've paid 3, 4, 5 million for. Hot and cold.

I should have added that I hope Kyle Hutton stays and I hope we keep him on with a new contract because I think he's a cracking player. He just needs his heart and head in the right place... :tu:

I should have added that I hope Kyle Hutton stays and I hope we keep him on with a new contract because I think he's a cracking player. He just needs his heart and head in the right place... :tu:

Agreed. Id pitch him in on Sunday. I worry if he feels he should be elsewhere if the younger players are ahead of him in the pecking order. I think playing the likes of youngsters like Macleod and Mckay is great for long term but they seem to relish the big spaces at Ibrox more. Tight wee grounds is where the experienced players are going to help grind out wins.