Falkirk 0 - 1 Rangers (FT)

Personally I'd like to see one or two of our trialists in the squad for this one. It's all fine and well organising bounce games, but if the players we're looking at are up for it I'd at least consider giving a couple of them a place on the bench to see how they fare in a competitive fixture.

A cup tie against the holders two divisions above us maybe isn't the best time to experiment.

A cup tie against the holders two divisions above us maybe isn't the best time to experiment.

The trouble is that there's never a good time to experiment at Rangers. The Ramsdens Cup is the least important competition we're involved in this season. We're short on time for bringing players in. What's the harm in sticking one or two of them on the bench?

two divisions above us by default. we are a third division team in name only. we still have the second best team in the country by some distance.

two divisions above us by default. we are a third division team in name only. we still have the second best team in the country by some distance.

Are you sure? If we had this squad last season you'd have been confidence of an easy second place at least? I wouldn't.

The squad we had last year was far, far better and more fits your description although it was a toss up whether it was first or second. We've lost something like 24 players and brought in about 5 lesser quality players. The squad is still paper thin and of standard SPL fayre.

We may have the best squad in the third division by some way but I think we're not streets ahead when it comes to the SPL. Falkirk are not that long out of the SPL and so while I'd hope we have enough to beat them, I don't think it is an easy tie by any means.

This is a big test for our team to help gauge how competitive we are for the cups and even for next season in the second division considering the transfer ban.

The trouble is that there's never a good time to experiment at Rangers. The Ramsdens Cup is the least important competition we're involved in this season. We're short on time for bringing players in. What's the harm in sticking one or two of them on the bench?

I think many will agree with your sentiments while at the same time determined to win every game right now - although you could say that's always the case at Rangers.

Are you sure? If we had this squad last season you'd have been confidence of an easy second place at least? I wouldn't.

The squad we had last year was far, far better and more fits your description although it was a toss up whether it was first or second. We've lost something like 24 players and brought in about 5 lesser quality players. The squad is still paper thin and of standard SPL fayre.

We may have the best squad in the third division by some way but I think we're not streets ahead when it comes to the SPL. Falkirk are not that long out of the SPL and so while I'd hope we have enough to beat them, I don't think it is an easy tie by any means.

This is a big test for our team to help gauge how competitive we are for the cups and even for next season in the second division considering the transfer ban.

yes. yeah.

the squad is paper thin i agree but we have a good starting 11 if we play the game right.

i dont think any club in scotland can compare with us.

i think its a bigger game for mccoist than the team.

I simply disregard the "paper-thin squad" stuff. We've got 42 players right now, of which quite a few are youngsters like Barrie McKay and Lewis Macleod. Even though the latter are the pick of the bunch, the rest has played against First to Third Division teams on numerous occasions and won. Sure we want quality and success, but it is not the case that we are running out of player material anytime soon. Any Ally can sure used all of those listed on the squad roster against our SFL opposition without losing too much sleep.

Falkirk ... caught us out cold last year, the squad back then was again only just in the season. So all people will be wary of that and some raring to go and make amends. I'm not sure whether we will use the 3-at-the-back formation tonight, as Falkirk is a far better opposition than what we have faced so far.

Perhaps i'm being a bit of a romantic but I really want us to win the Ramsdens Cup, another new competition to try and add to our world record trophy haul.